Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

seat rails

• 01-02-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭

my son's friend has a toyota glanza. and he bought second hand cobra seat any idea where he can get seat rails, would it be possible to buy crap seats for another glanza or a starlet and weld on flat bars to bolt the seat on to.
    many thank
    mossie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

mossie110 wrote: »
    my son's friend has a toyota glanza. and he bought second hand cobra seat any idea where he can get seat rails, would it be possible to buy crap seats for another glanza or a starlet and weld on flat bars to bolt the seat on to.
    many thank
    mossie.

Pretty sure it will fail the NCT if you weld bars on to it!

Should be able to get seat rails to suit off any of the Japanese parts suppliers, theres plenty of them about these days, google will throw up a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

On the subject would anyone know of any shops around dublin who would have specific sparco seat rails to match your car?? Im looking for the rails for a Mitsubishi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Try ice tronix, i know they carry alot of aftermarket stuff for jap cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Icetronix fabricated rails for my Recaros to fit into my Civic, so they'd be worth a call.....but it costs a nice little bit....

Icetronix fabricated rails for my Recaros to fit into my Civic, so they'd be worth a call.....but it costs a nice little bit....

Roughly how much did it cost to get the 2 rails made up??

• Advertisement

The-Game wrote: »
    Roughly how much did it cost to get the 2 rails made up??
    €170 (Rails, Fitting)

Was it for a 3 or 5 door Civic, if it was a hatchback were the rails they made on sliders?? To let people in the back?

Was it for a 3 or 5 door Civic, if it was a hatchback were the rails they made on sliders?? To let people in the back?
    3 door, and yep with sliders, but they're rather small, so there's only a little bit of play.

But surely your seats have a quick release?

3 door, and yep with sliders, but they're rather small, so there's only a little bit of play.

But surely your seats have a quick release?

No these were in a 5 door so i don't think it was an issue, no quick release!!
    Might have to call in to them and see what sort of price they can do me on a set!

I was looking at fitting them onto standard rails but then the seats are waayyy too high up... I'm guessing yours sit in low in the car?

No these were in a 5 door so i don't think it was an issue, no quick release!!
    Might have to call in to them and see what sort of price they can do me on a set!

I was looking at fitting them onto standard rails but then the seats are waayyy too high up... I'm guessing yours sit in low in the car?
    Ah righty ok, you still havent told me what they're for cos you're not OP :P

And yeah I checked today, the prices have gone down, and yeah they sit fairly low, I'll get a pic tomorrow and place a coke can beside it for comparison, ground up. :]

• Advertisement

Ah righty ok, you still havent told me what they're for cos you're not OP :P

And yeah I checked today, the prices have gone down, and yeah they sit fairly low, I'll get a pic tomorrow and place a coke can beside it for comparison, ground up. :]

Ah they're for a Mirage Hatchback! Excellent if you can get those pics, would appreciate it!

91kydw.jpg

Coke can is about 30mm from the skirt, and the bottom of the seat is at the middle circle thing :P

The rails come about 20mm off the floor at the arch you bolt the two front bolts into, otherwise it's 40~50mm from the floor.

Sounds good alright!! Are the seats themselves low? The ones i have kinda raise up towards the front

Sounds good alright!! Are the seats themselves low? The ones i have kinda raise up towards the front
    Oh yeah sorry, it gets higher as it goes towards the front, so your bum is lower than your legs :P

They're Recaro seats if you have any experience with them :)

Oh yeah sorry, it gets higher as it goes towards the front, so your bum is lower than your legs :P

They're Recaro seats if you have any experience with them :)

Yeah theyre sweet alright and even got the red ones!! :cool:
    My ones are Sparcos, may have to fly down with a seat and see what they think!

Advertisement