Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

im really worried

• 01-02-2010 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have just bought a 2003 plate ford focus 1.8 TDCI

it has had the timing belt changed at about 51,000 miles and it has a full service history

most recent owner had it for one year and the one before him had it from new

ive been reading up on the injectors failing on these tdci engines and costing 1000 to replace? can anyone shed some light onto this, or does it just appear that they all need injectors replaced because people only ever write the negatives? im a bit worried

the car seems in perfect nick atm, touch wood, and the turbo sound fine and the engine is quiet and pulls well

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Hi I wouldnt be too worried I have an 03 focus tdci and its going perfect for me and have 86k miles on it now. Only problem I had was the egr valve had to be replaced due to excessive smoking thats a more common problem on them was about 500 to replace as have to replace the inlet manifold as egr is part of it on these. And the timing belt doesnt need changing until 100k miles so that was done very early but that suggests the car been well looked after. Once it has a good service history you should be fine. Mine is the Ghia 115ps not sure if that makes a difference. Its a good solid eninge and I love the car and intend to put many more miles on it I have it now for 2 years. More often than not people post the problems not how great a car is so ya dont see the full story I feel IMHO. Hope this helps..
    Gavman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jamie_128

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Hi I wouldnt be too worried I have an 03 focus tdci and its going perfect for me and have 86k miles on it now. Only problem I had was the egr valve had to be replaced due to excessive smoking thats a more common problem on them was about 500 to replace as have to replace the inlet manifold as egr is part of it on these. And the timing belt doesnt need changing until 100k miles so that was done very early but that suggests the car been well looked after. Once it has a good service history you should be fine. Mine is the Ghia 115ps not sure if that makes a difference. Its a good solid eninge and I love the car and intend to put many more miles on it I have it now for 2 years. More often than not people post the problems not how great a car is so ya dont see the full story I feel IMHO. Hope this helps..
    Gavman

i hope so bro, im getting the focus zetec, im not sure if its 100 ps or 115, it shows up different for each insurer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1.8TDCI was always 115bhp afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

For timing belt I think they say 100k or five years whichever comes first.

1.8TDCI was always 115bhp afaik

there is a 100ps 1.8tdci and a 115ps 1.8tdci as far as im aware

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

jamie_128 wrote: »
    there is a 100ps 1.8tdci and a 115ps 1.8tdci as far as im aware

I don't think so...

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=116

the parkers guide seems to have 2 versions? both with different mpgs and 0-60 times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_(international)

Ford changed from the TDDI to the TDCI in around 2001.

TDDI was 90hp, TDCI was 115hp

mullingar wrote: »
    Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_(international)

Ford changed from the TDDI to the TDCI in around 2001.

TDDI was 90hp, TDCI was 115hp

but insurance companies show 2 choices aswell, the zetec 1.8 tdci 100 ps or 115 ps

im getting really confused, there is actual statistics for the 100 ps of 0-60 times etc and it is different to the 115 ps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

There was a 100 PS version sold in the UK replacing the TDdi but typically the TDdi was retained here until the then new Focus came out in 2005. A bit like the Mondeo where the UK changed over fully to the TDCi back in 03/04 or something like that but the 90 PS TDdi was retained right up until 07 for the ultra low spec poverty spec paddy spec LX model:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You have a very reliable model which is running perfectly. It is also a very common car so why would you be overly worried about it

Advertisement