Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No trainers" policy in Galway pubs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

padi89 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: What a crock of ****, everyone has done it at some stage or another get off your high horse.

I don't have a horse, but i'd love one.

When I said the above, I was talking specificialy about The Front Door, not pubs in general.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I don't have a horse, but i'd love one.

When I said the above, I was talking specificialy about The Front Door, not pubs in general.

In fairness queuing to get into the Front Door on very busy nights is quite common Ive done it many times.

In fairness queuing to get into the Front Door on very busy nights is quite common Ive done it many times.

Ah yeah I just think it's mad considering the amount of pubs within close proximity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

:rolleyes: What a crock of ****, everyone has done it at some stage or another get off your high horse.

Ahh, no.

There is always another venue elsewhere, without a queue outside. Always.

unJustMary wrote: »
    Ahh, no.

Maybe they wanted to go there and not somewhere else. I would usually go out with a venue in mind (often the Front Door incidentally) and would rarely change my mind regardless of having to queue.

There could be friends already inside, arrangements to meet people there or plain old just wanting to go to that particular pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Not letting people with trainers in = ok

Not letting people in with smart sneakers in = not ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Generally a doorman will refuse someone on their trainers as there is another reason he is not able to say. Some places used to have a no-trainer policy, but I don't think there are any left.

For my two cents you are always better refusing someone for as close to the actual reason as you can, I think a punter knows when he is being spoofed and its not conducive to positivity. Also you leave yourself open to them getting a taxi home and coming back with shoes, and what do you say then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Ahh, no.

How long have you been going out to pubs or do you even go out at all? Have you never ever been out on a night when a town is busy or arranged to meet or attend a party in a certain venue or just want to go to a certain place? Because by saying you never ever queued for a pub your answering NO to all the above and i find that bullsh1t to be honest. What great fun you must be to go out with, arrange to meet friends? in a pub and if there are a few people outside waiting to get in you turn on your heal and go elsewhere ... nice.

How long have you been going out to pubs or do you even go out at all? Have you never ever been out on a night when a town is busy or arranged to meet or attend a party in a certain venue or just want to go to a certain place? Because by saying you never ever queued for a pub your answering NO to all the above and i find that bullsh1t to be honest. What great fun you must be to go out with, arrange to meet friends? in a pub and if there are a few people outside waiting to get in you turn on your heal and go elsewhere ... nice.

Maybe you like Q'ing like a sheep, but others don't.

Fcuked if i'm going to Q into a place who's then going to charge top dollar for a drink. I lay exception to nightclubs because there will be a much higher volume of people, they'll be ID'ing a lot of prople probably and then you've to pay admission - all these things hold up the speed of entry.

I seriously laugh at people when I see them Q'ing to get into The Front Door - there's dozens of pubs close-by, and they're no more expensive for a pint. Seriously, what's the attraction with the place? The few times i've been in there when it's busy it's impossible to move, it's too warm and humid and just not enjoyable with all the pushing and shoving - not my idea of a pub, but each to their own I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

arrange to meet friends? in a pub and if there are a few people outside waiting to get in you turn on your heal and go elsewhere ... nice.

I've got this really cool thing called a "cell phone", and so have all my friends. Must be 'cos we're old.

If the agreed meeting spot is packed, we can send these messages called "texts" to agree another, nicer spot, where there is room to breath.

I don't regard being packed in like sardines as "fun". YMMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Farinha

I seriously laugh at people when I see them Q'ing to get into The Front Door - there's dozens of pubs close-by, and they're no more expensive for a pint. Seriously, what's the attraction with the place? The few times i've been in there when it's busy it's impossible to move, it's too warm and humid and just not enjoyable with all the pushing and shoving - not my idea of a pub, but each to their own I guess

Hhmm... last time I checked there are not that many places nearby still open at 1am, for example.
    And again I'll mention the "having friends inside" argument.

No, going to a place so crowded that there's a queue outside is not my first choice, but it happens every now and then.

Maybe you like Q'ing like a sheep, but others don't.

Don't try and twist what i said with more of your high horse sh1te, you already changed to "I was talking specificialy about The Front Door" when you said "Q to get into a pub? lol". Nobody in their right mind likes to queue but if people want to go to a certain venue whatever their reason they will tolerate it. If that's what they want to do sure let them off i don't see how it bothers you much that you "seriously laugh at people".This is the part i find bizarre you being all high and mighty about seeing people queue for a place but your acting like you have never ever once done it before, now don't give me that crap.

I've got this really cool thing called a "cell phone", and so have all my friends. Must be 'cos we're old.

If the agreed meeting spot is packed, we can send these messages called "texts" to agree another, nicer spot, where there is room to breath.

I don't regard being packed in like sardines as "fun". YMMV.

I reckon you're very young because to say you never queue for a pub and along with your childish reply makes it very obvious to me you don't get out much.
    So you have never had to attend an someones birthday an 18th,21st,30th a going away party, an office party, a meet up with a group of people etc or some of the big nights or big events in the year,where a venue is busy and you may have a queue? Let me guess, every single social event you have ever attended has always had just the right amount of people ...
    I absolutely hate having to queue as much as anyone else and avoid it where i can but if there is an event going on in a pub where im to meet people im not going to walk away because i have to wait a bit. As Farinha said if its 1 in the morning and you want a pint its to be expected.

This argument is getting stupid at this stage, the people who will not queue to get into a pub don't appear to understand some people want to go to a particular place and will queue if necessary. I am perfectly willing to queue to get into the Front Door as I like the place as do my friends and we would often prefer to queue and get in than go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Enough's enough.

Everyone go drink a cup of coffee and come back when you're feeling a bit more sober.

/moderation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement