Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peoples opinions on CIT

• 01-02-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

So jst wondering what peoples opinions are on CIT.
    Thier likes and dislikes. On the campus, the student services, student life, lectures... etc.

Let me start the ball rollin, my fav thing abt CIT is the wraps in gala, gotta admit that they are savage! :)

The Freshers week and rag week are always good on and off campus, not forgetting of course the business ball and all the other balls that are on.

One thing the college could do is make sure that the printers have got ink in them and paper, in the computer rooms. nothing worse than trying to print off an essay when their is no ink in the printer. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Pros;
    More student/lecture friendly
    Paninis
    My course is brilliant
    Relaxed atomosphere
    Campus is just big enough, really

Cons;
    Fricking freezing indoors
    Some labs STILL need to be updated, old software packages are a disgrace
    Open Access needs to cop on and fix the computers
    Some of the classrooms lack basic facilities ie projectors

I'm sure there's more, but I've to go buy chocolate :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

Wow. The fact that the food quality is listed amongst the most important aspects of the institution says it all.

CIT's new slogan: Come to CIT -- for a great Panini.:rolleyes:

It even rhymes.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

No it doesn't and now off with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Wow. The fact that the food quality is listed amongst the most important aspects of the institution says it all.

Yes because my opinion is that of ALL CIT students :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Yes because my opinion is that of ALL CIT students :rolleyes:

You wouldn't have said it if you didn't mean it, Simpy McSimpleton!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭YourSQL

paninis are for posh people, so i'd expect places like the university of london or oxford to have better ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Pros:

Lecturers
    Standard of many of the modules
    Computing facilities

Cons:

Scuts (and everything that goes with them)
    Timetables (bringing full timers in for evening classes etc)
    Student Union

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

i just have good classmates thats the best thing ....

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

YourSQL wrote: »
    paninis are for posh people, so i'd expect places like the university of london or oxford to have better ones

lmao respect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

pros:
    Lecturers from industry i.e. not too many taking the degree-masters-Phd-lecturer route.
    Great relaxed atmosphere down mech eng way
    real good rep (from our dept. anyway)
    gala chicken rolls
    talent is def after improving since I started!!!;)
    cons:
    some lecturers who apparently took the junior cert-work-lecturer route:confused:
    canteen food
    Some rather immature vocational "students" (not all of em)
    CAR PARKING is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ohm-ed

Pros:

Lecturers that can talk one to one with - don't get that in UCC

Cons:
    -After peoples money
    -will have to agree with evil-monkey -Timetables (bringing full timers in for evening classes etc) what a joke I pay money to go to college by days I didn't sign up to do nights!!
    -Student Union - do we have one??
    -IT department computers -pathetic!! CRT monitors? 6 year old dell desktops? just about able to run internet explorer . get a grip Information Technology is it?
    -has anyone been to the media department with their rooms full of brand new imacs?
    -Head Of Departments counting the hours before they go home hiding in their offices!!cowards!

I would tell someone do a FAS course before giving CIT your money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

YourSQL wrote: »

As Steven Fry would say "They would probably have a panini chef".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

There is alot of car parking but there happens to be more cars.

When I did my degree there the first three years were well organised but then when I picked which stream of the honours degree I wanted to do, it all fell apart. The subjects were completely wrong for the course and didn't compliment each other at all. One lecturer wasn't able to properly teach her subject and another lecturer didn't even bother showing up after the first few weeks. Shocking. We complained to HOD and he said he would take care of it but he did nothing about it. It was very disappointing. There were only few of us in this stream and our results suffered because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ohm-ed

There is alot of car parking but there happens to be more cars.

When I did my degree there the first three years were well organised but then when I picked which stream of the honours degree I wanted to do, it all fell apart. The subjects were completely wrong for the course and didn't compliment each other at all. One lecturer wasn't able to properly teach her subject and another lecturer didn't even bother showing up after the first few weeks. Shocking. We complained to HOD and he said he would take care of it but he did nothing about it. It was very disappointing. There were only few of us in this stream and our results suffered because of it.

still happening nothings changed!

Advertisement