Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass Effect 2 Problem

• 01-02-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Right so here's my dilema: I'm stuck on Mass Effect 2, about ten minutes into the game :D Not stuck as such, but wondering what the hell I'm meant to do.

I'm at the part where I'm shooting across at the enemies from the balcony. You know the one between two doors and the seats in the middle. Well I am shooting the enemies over and over but the keep coming. I've examined the doors but nothing happens.

I've been shooting these enemies for about twenty minutes now and nothing is happening! I'm at this part of the game to be specific:

me2_0021.jpg

I've checked online guides and forums but I can't find anything about it. If anyone can help, I'll be sooooooooo grateful :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is that the part where you have to order one of your own guys to take out an enemy? Use the left shoulder button to order your team mate to use a power against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mr E wrote: »
    Is that the part where you have to order one of your own guys to take out an enemy? Use the left shoulder button to order your team mate to use a power against them.

Yup,that's it.

You have to order the dude to take one of the enemies out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Actually now that I think about it, it might be the right shoulder button....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Mr E wrote: »
    Actually now that I think about it, it might be the right shoulder button....

Yeah, it is telling me that RB opens the menu, and then it tells me to use the left analogue to select Pull. When I highlight pull it says to press A to use pull. When I do it turns it blue, and nothing happens.

Seriously, the game is great up to this and I'm a little bit irritated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Actually I somehow found out how to do it. Thanks Mr. E!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bonavox wrote: »
    Yeah, it is telling me that RB opens the menu, and then it tells me to use the left analogue to select Pull. When I highlight pull it says to press A to use pull. When I do it turns it blue, and nothing happens.

Seriously, the game is great up to this and I'm a little bit irritated.

You let go of RB and the power will take effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Just to point out that while you are selecting the power for your team mate to use (or yourself for that matter) you should be aiming the targeting reticle at the enemy or other item that you want to use the power on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is there any way to keep the radar on screen all the time? I'm guessing not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My only problem is clicking resume after I die loads the "beginning of mission" save file instead of the more recent autosave, which is total pain in my assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    My only problem is clicking resume after I die loads the "beginning of mission" save file instead of the more recent autosave, which is total pain in my assholes.

Really? For me it throws me back to the action at the autosave point, you press A after you die to continue right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

It should be going back to the autosave - that's what it does for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SionnachOghma

ceejay wrote: »
    It should be going back to the autosave - that's what it does for me.

Mine started doing that recently. I'd hit Resume and instead of the Autosave, it brought me back to a save that was back on the Normandy. Don't know why this suddenly started happening, just got into the habit of going to 'Load' and selecting my Autosave.

Seeing the original cry for help, I realised what a pity it is that EXP is a set amount per mission, as opposed to individual enemies providing a little when they kick the bucket. The infinite enemies at that point could be handy for levelling up a little early on.

Yup, clicking resume brings me to the "start of mission" save, I have to manually load the autosave. First time it happened was the archangel mission and it brought me back to before I had set foot on Omega, I nearly flipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Am i the only one who laughed at the op's problem.

As for the save thing yeah happened to me to, so i just loaded the autosave manually

Am i the only one who laughed at the op's problem.

As for the save thing yeah happened to me to, so i just loaded the autosave manually

Probably 10 hours into the game and he hasn't even started yet :)

Aww, you guys are cruel...

Keep up the good work :D

Advertisement