Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anserena (Claddagh Charters)

Options
  • 01-02-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Anybody know about this service? Organising a birthday party in April and looks like a good idea.

Anyone know the size of the boat or any more into on it? Only link I found was this.....
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=263564304735&ref=mf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Their photo doesn't look like any part of Galway I've ever seen.

Oh, and Arrrr....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Shiver my timber....

18859_100322393335560_100000733985878_6402_5459999_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭legatti

looks interesting, i have a daughter who will be 16 this summer and this looks like a great idea, might have to drop them a email!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ugh, the 'Claddagh Charters' boat wouldn't be my 1st preference, it's an old (timber) hauler boat.

Spend the extra dosh and fork out on the Tareea Queen (That's definately spent wrong, but it's the Blue/White (copy of Interceptor esign) charter boat moored down the docks)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

I assume the Corrib Princess is still the biggest? (75 capacity I was quoted) Probably the best value too, only €600 for two hours!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭legatti

Shanley wrote: »
    I assume the Corrib Princess is still the biggest? (75 capacity I was quoted) Probably the best value too, only €600 for two hours!

ONLY €600 for 2 hours!!! jeeeezz do they not know venues are now doing free rooms for functions/partys!!!:mad:

legatti wrote: »
    ONLY €600 for 2 hours!!! jeeeezz do they not know venues are now doing free rooms for functions/partys!!!:mad:

Overheads such as insurance/running costs are quite high on boats. Fecking things have to be inspected every year at quite a high cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Well they've mispelled 'Parties' all over the place, haven't gotten a photo up, they don't have a phone number or business address. Wouldn't go within a MILE of them if I didn't live beside the Claddagh.

Well they've mispelled 'Parties' all over the place, haven't gotten a photo up, they don't have a phone number or business address. Wouldn't go within a MILE of them if I didn't live beside the Claddagh.

There's a reason why they don't have a picture of the boat up.

Although in fairness, you WOULD feel like a right pirate on it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are no admins left in this group!
    Doesn't inspire confidence but ring the 087 number there and ask?

51Y4QV65HBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 owya

JohnCleary wrote: »
    There's a reason why they don't have a picture of the boat up.

Although in fairness, you WOULD feel like a right pirate on it :o
    Hey !
    I was at a hen party on the 'Anserina' in March;we came down to galway for the weekend and went out on the boat ;we had live music onboard and there was seating,blankets and even a toilet! we had a great time!one of the girls even got to sing a song on the microphone and as the hen ;she got to wear the captains hat and drive the boat !i dont konow wat boat ur on about john cleary but the anserina was perfect ,fully equiped and my friends are booking it for sea angling in the summer,they booked it off their new website www.claddaghcharters.com
    I would recommend it to anyone ; great to see some positive business around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

owya wrote: »
    Hey !
    I was at a hen party on the 'Anserina' in March;we came down to galway for the weekend and went out on the boat ;we had live music onboard and there was seating,blankets and even a toilet! we had a great time!one of the girls even got to sing a song on the microphone and as the hen ;she got to wear the captains hat and drive the boat !i dont konow wat boat ur on about john cleary but the anserina was perfect ,fully equiped and my friends are booking it for sea angling in the summer,they booked it off their new website www.claddaghcharters.com

So things are going well for you in the charter business? :rolleyes:

Funny that you've the same punctuation mistakes that are also on the Website!

Good luck with this venture.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

there was seating,blankets and even a toilet! we had a great time!one of the girls even got to sing a song on the microphone and as the hen

Sounds fabulous! Even a toilet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Sounds fabulous! Even a toilet!!

lmao I thought the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hey !

Hey! yourself. +1 for effort. I suppose advertising is expensive...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

p1100743.jpg

I was on the Anserina a couple of weeks ago. It was a nice evening but not spectacular. We left the Claddagh and they took us out around Mutton Island & Mutton Outfall buoy. We then turned west and travelled approx 1km from the shore until we were opposite the Galway Bay hotel, turned around, and then retraced our path to the Claddagh. The full trip took around 90 mins.
    The boat was small(ish) with 8 chairs up on deck, but was very clean and well maintained. We didn't venture downstairs at all. There was a CD playing Irish music, and no commentary at all, which would have been nice as there were some American tourists on board who were interested in learning more about the Claddagh and Galway.
    Blankets were provided, and even though it was a pleasant evening, they were needed on the way back.
    At no stage were lifejackets offered, demonstrated, or seen.
    It was a pleasant evening, but for 20Euro each, would have liked to see a bit more interaction from the crew, similar to what happens on the Corrib Princess. In saying that, I realise that they are not doing this too long and it may take a little longer to work in a routine which will entertain their customers. Apologies for the poor photo above - it was taken about 3/4's back and doesn't show the full deck.

This isin't the boat I was thinking of originally, so I take back what I said

churchview wrote: »
    So things are going well for you in the charter business? :rolleyes:

Funny that you've the same punctuation mistakes that are also on the Website!

Good luck with this venture.

Hey!
    Im not a web designer unfortunately!ha ha

Just thought id give my opinion !

Advertisement