Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AT&T 3G SIM card message

• 01-02-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Hey, I just put a recently bought AT&T 3G Pay-As-You-Go SIM card into my unlocked E51 and after restarting the phone it gives a 'SIM card not valid' message. I presume this is normal as it's not finding it's network and doesn't mean that the phone does not recognise the actual SIM card and won't even work when I get to the States in a week or two.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Or your phone is still network locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

would go with davy's take on this one. try the sim in another phone that's unlocked and see if it works. also try other sims in this unlocked phone to ensure it's unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

I was confident that it was unlocked (messed with NSS before to get firmware updates etc but now know that NSS doesn't unlock it) so just rang O2 CC and they are sending me the unlocking code from Nokia, sweet. Their CC people are always sound.

Thanks for the replies anyhow.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement