Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scooter query

• 01-02-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Wonder could anyone give me a rough estimate.

I have a '01 Piaggio X9. It was originally a 125cc but it has had a new 180cc engine installed a couple of years back.

i haven't been driving it for a while since maybe November and when I went to start it the other day I found that both the back wheel and the battery are flat. I'm wondering if the engine has seized too.

I don't want a 180cc anymore as times are hard so was looking to trade it in.

Even with the battery, wheel and potential engine problem (it'll have to be collected) what do you think it might be worth, trading it in against a smaller scooter?

Any ideas would be muchly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Has the log book been updated with the new engine details? If no, then this will really turn off potential buyers.

If yes, then this could still turn off potential buyers as they will want to know why it needed a new engine. Lose - Lose situation I'm afraid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

All details are logged.

It didn't need a new engine. The guy I bought it off "suped" it up.

Even if it is a lose/lose, any idea what it may be worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The 180 is just a piston kit, the engine number remains the same. The Dept of the Environment and Local Government need to be notified to alter the cc's stated on the logbook though.

There's no reason to think the engine is seized if the back wheel and battery are flat. Does it have a kick starter? Try to kickstart it - you'll know pretty quickly if it's seized or not, but I doubt it is. I rebuilt a scooter a few years back that had spent years in a hedge, and it still hadn't seized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Funkfield wrote: »
    All details are logged.

It didn't need a new engine. The guy I bought it off "suped" it up.

Even if it is a lose/lose, any idea what it may be worth?

No idea on what it could be worth, sorry. Try searching on adverts/gumtree/bbg to see if there is anything similar to get an idea on price.

Advertisement