Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBP - Service battery?

Options
  • 01-02-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

The other day I was using my MBP on battery power alone when, with 30% remaining on the battery indicator, it suddenly shut down. Plugged it in and charged it up again. The menu bar battery status indicator is now reading 'Service Battery'.

Mac Help says:
    "Service Battery: The battery isn’t functioning normally, and you may or may not notice a change in its behavior or the amount of charge it holds. Have your computer checked by an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP). You can continue to use your battery before it’s checked without harming your computer."

Bummer. This battery is just over 14 months old. Is it worth servicing or should I just bite the bullet and buy another? Anyone with similar experience?

Comments

Advertisement