Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vw golf

• 01-02-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

if you could stretch to 2007 it would be great as they were loaded with many extras. Buy at least a comfortline as the extras are worth it. The golf base was fairly standard in those years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I have a 2006 comfortline 1.9Tdi and i love it. Except the factory fit stereo. Rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd avoid the 1.4 petrol altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Get the gearbox checked on ANYTHING with a 1.4 or 1.6 engine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Ryan T

Had 7 golfs six of which were 1.4 petrol- never had any hassle with any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 CGolf

Hi OP,

On my second Golf now and no complaints...the only thing is to avoid the 1.4 if possible...I've had to stick with it due to insurance costs, but it is underpowered and fuel consumption isn't great...I've put €120 in this week already :eek: IMO go for a diesel, sportline and make sure it has an armrest fitted!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

If you get the diesel make sure the timing belt was done (I suppose thats for every car) and see if you can make sure the right oil was used.

The wrong oil can cause engine wear that crops up later in its life.

Advertisement