Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drop in creche

Options
  • 01-02-2010 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I'm not even sure if this exists!!! but im going back to work and my mother will be taking my 15month old during the day however she may not be able to take him some days so im wondering if anyone knows of a creche in the dublin2/4 area that i could bring my child to on the days my mother cant take him it may only be one day a week if even, I know most creches are either full time or part time 3 days a week, but i wouldn be able to afford this so im looking for a creche that has a daily rate!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

I'm not sure if creches do a daily thing as they need to have sufficent staff to child ratios to meet safety regulations. If it was drop in they could easily end up with too many children and not enough staff to care for them.
    Your best bet would be to ring the local creches and ask them if this kind of thing is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Very few creches will do this. Shopping centres are your best bet for something like this, but most have a time limit of two or at most three hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

even the idea of such a facility is not very good for the child. A child will need to become familiar with the minders and this can only be done through consistent exposure and not just plonked in on random occasions.
    Perhaps ask the creche about part time and give your mother a break;)

Advertisement