Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PZ Myers in Cork, Wednesday - all welcome!

• 01-02-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

PZ Myers will be talking and answering questions at a UCC Atheists Society event this Wednesday at 7pm in Council Chambers Room, 1st floor, North Wing of Main Quadrangle, UCC.

The theme is secular education, and we will also have the CEO of Educate Together, Paul Rowe, speaking about the growth of that sector.

PZ will talk about the importance of secular education and it will be followed by a Q&A session.

FREE ENTRY, all welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

adam_ccfc wrote: »
    PZ Myers will be talking and answering questions at a UCC Atheists Society event this Wednesday at 7pm in Council Chambers Room, 1st floor, North Wing of Main Quadrangle, UCC.

The theme is secular education, and we will also have the CEO of Educate Together, Paul Rowe, speaking about the growth of that sector.

PZ will talk about the importance of secular education and it will be followed by a Q&A session.

FREE ENTRY, all welcome.

Awesome. Where are the council chamber rooms? Are they in the main campus? I don't come into the city much, is there somewhere nearby I can leave the car? (I live out in douglas)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

oeb wrote: »
    Awesome. Where are the council chamber rooms? Are they in the main campus? I don't come into the city much, is there somewhere nearby I can leave the car? (I live out in douglas)
    There's usually plenty parking around, off college road etc so I don't think it would be a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Here is a map of UCC showing where Council Chambers Room is. You enter the corridor at the top of the quadrangle highlighted below, proceed through the main doors and up the stairs to the first floor.

councilchmap.jpg

As said, parking around college shouldn't be an issue. All welcome to attend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

Bump - on tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Wow. This is quite impressive for UCC. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GavinZac

Atheist super-blogger PZ got into tourist mode yesterday:
    (click to enlarge)
    4329343798_a88cb48f96_m.jpg

...before joining Educate Together CEO Paul Rowe to talk about ET's plans at UCC:
    (click to enlarge)
    4328613121_d726b50e89_m.jpg

Rest of the photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gavinzac/sets/72157623346988808/

Advertisement