Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Agrimac tankers?

• 01-02-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Are the agrimac (ruscon) tankers anygood? very well priced for new ones.. ? they look alright ,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭goondakid

Are the agrimac (ruscon) tankers anygood? very well priced for new ones.. ? they look alright ,,

wot price are they retailing at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭John deere 6920

goondakid wrote: »
    wot price are they retailing at?
    i saw a 2000gallon one for €9500 she had two becons on back she looked nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we have the 2600 gallon single axle bought it in july - great job we traded in a 2500 gallon ruscon tandem axle we paid 9000 euro all in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭lifelover2006

whelan1 wrote: »
    we have the 2600 gallon single axle bought it in july - great job we traded in a 2500 gallon ruscon tandem axle we paid 9000 euro all in

is that the one yer neighbour borrowed.........

U only paid €9000 + the tanker? for a brand new agrimac 2600 gallon? tandem are bad on soft ground.

• Advertisement

is that the one yer neighbour borrowed.........
    yup thats the one , great machine

U only paid €9000 + the tanker? for a brand new agrimac 2600 gallon? tandem are bad on soft ground.
    ye we got a quote for a redrock and it was nearly double that:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

yup thats the one , great machine

did you buy up north whelan? you must have a big machine pulling that size tanker do you?

i bought in tullyallen in county louth - ruscons original place - we only live a few miles from there i have a tm 125 on it and have used my case 885 4wd on it too

delievery is included and all in price. IN north they cheap too ? and south. we have our zetor 9540 pulling abbey 2250.. fair scary.. brakes are on spool value too =/

• Advertisement

ye they collected our old tanker when they delivered the new one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

delievery is included and all in price. IN north they cheap too ? and south. we have our zetor 9540 pulling abbey 2250.. fair scary.. brakes are on spool value too =/

you must have all flat ground if your pulling a 2250 gallon with a 9540

irishh_bob wrote: »
    you must have all flat ground if your pulling a 2250 gallon with a 9540
    nop afraid not... hilly abit .. not glenty slopping or anything.. hills..... dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭aristo

nop afraid not... hilly abit .. not glenty slopping or anything.. hills..... dangerous

Just be careful with big tanks when they are not totally full, have a 3000 abbey which was only 3/4 full with the last load from the slurry pit, was on the road, braked to go round a slight bend, changing down gear and the load surged forward in the tank chipped a gear and chewed a few more in the gearbox even with two baffles in the tank!
    only used heavier tractors on it after that:rolleyes:

our zetor seems to handle the tanker very well =) sprung drawbar makes difference around bumps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

i bought in tullyallen in county louth - ruscons original place - we only live a few miles from there i have a tm 125 on it and have used my case 885 4wd on it too

dont want to drag this off topic, but are you serious about the 885? must be very flat ground? do you take it on the road? With hills around here a massey 6190 is under pressure pulling 2500 gal

ye use the case when going to flat ground other wise use the tm125 - it saves taking the keenan feeder off the tm125

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

corkcomp wrote: »
    dont want to drag this off topic, but are you serious about the 885? must be very flat ground? do you take it on the road? With hills around here a massey 6190 is under pressure pulling 2500 gal

jd 6920 claims his zetor 9540 is able to pull a 2250 gallon tank , i find it impossible to believe myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

jd 6920 claims his zetor 9540 is able to pull a 2250 gallon tank , i find it impossible to believe myself

have pulled a major 2600gls with me mf 4245 84 ish hp but only on a level to slight down hill gradient
    couldnt spread under 2500 gls/ac pto not up to it as well as pulling

wouldnt advise trying to stop in a hurry even with tanker brakes

i swear to god u shud see the zetor she goes in 2nd high dual power up a fairly long hill wit tanker full its just stopping it is the problem .. brakes on spool cuz zetor not pipped for brakes.. she can pull it thou.

• Advertisement
Advertisement