Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Crap.... 4 months left...Leaving Cert..

Options
  • 01-02-2010 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

ok, so 4 months to go....

ive done nothing all year, bare minimum. Im sitting all honours papers, oh how i wish i could turn back time!!!
    Mocks starting 2moro... only gonna scrap by..
    i know if i put my head down i can get good grades... but its so hard!!!
    :eek:
    Is anyone feeling the same??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Not really TBH. I'm in the exact same situation as you. But it just isn't affecting me. Its weird and its annoying. But I am starting Night Owls tonight (7-10) thats gonna be mad fun but hopefully now it'll do me good. My mocks don't start until March so I'm pretty relaxed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

same as me!!im not all that worried tho but a little stressed out over this dcg project an mocks in 3 weeks!!!.....kinda thinkin it wont be all that bad if i do bad in my mocks so that when il be locked in my room i wont have anything to do but study:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

In times like this, this comic is relevant.

20100128.gif

Seriously though. 4 months is loads of time to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

it's gun b k bean, I'm the same as you mate. Mocks next week, naught done, and I'm aiming for law. Still haven't done my CAO... This is going to be major lulz... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Slugs wrote: »
    it's gun b k bean, I'm the same as you mate. Mocks next week, naught done, and I'm aiming for law. Still haven't done my CAO... This is going to be major lulz... :P

Eh...You do know the CAO deadline was 17.30 today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Reillyman wrote: »
    Eh...You do know the CAO deadline was 17.30 today?

Bahaha, looks like someone is paying €70 for the exact same thing now. Sure if you get law you don't need to worry about money. Just start throwing it away while your at it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Sure if you get law you don't need to worry about money

*sarcasm*?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

This year has flown by! My mocks are this week, one down 8 to go :(
    I don't expect to do well in them, didn't study half as much as i should have. It's the one's in June that i want to do well in. Don't want to think that far ahead yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Don't worry...
    Be Happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beanhead101

haha, thanks slugs, feel alot better now, you seem like u no what your talking about! :P !!
    just kiddin man..

ugh i just want this year to be over!!!!
    anyone doing physics??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hoothoot

hehe same here so gonna flunk out on the mocks but no sweat about the real leaving except the nightmares of seeing a results page with n.g!!! seriously tho anyone else here having procrastination problems

I'm finding it hard to just sit down and study what i have to. I keep putting it off :( Hoping that all just goes away in the next few months, but i've been saying that for ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Renly

I'm finding it hard to just sit down and study what i have to. I keep putting it off :( Hoping that all just goes away in the next few months, but i've been saying that for ages!

im doing the exact same thing, just can't sit down and start studying

Renly wrote: »
    im doing the exact same thing, just can't sit down and start studying

Yeah and it get's really annoying when you know that you need to study but just can't :( I've gotten a little better since my mocks are this week but still not much to be proud of!

Yeah and it get's really annoying when you know that you need to study but just can't :( I've gotten a little better since my mocks are this week but still not much to be proud of!

XD at least you are getting a bit better. my mocks arn't for another few weeks so i havn't started stressing about how i'm going to fail everything yet :p

XD at least you are getting a bit better. my mocks arn't for another few weeks so i havn't started stressing about how i'm going to fail everything yet :p

You're so lucky having them later! You've more time to study now, i'm sure you'll find some way of studying before then. What ever you do don't leave it until the night before because even then it's hard to motivate yourself and not get distracted!

You're so lucky having them later! You've more time to study now, i'm sure you'll find some way of studying before then. What ever you do don't leave it until the night before because even then it's hard to motivate yourself and not get distracted!

well i have a feeling i won't have the choice of not studying soon. my principal wants to talk to me about something tomorrow and it's not hard to guess what it's about :D. That and my parents are starting to realise i do no work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Not really TBH. I'm in the exact same situation as you. But it just isn't affecting me. Its weird and its annoying. But I am starting Night Owls tonight (7-10) thats gonna be mad fun but hopefully now it'll do me good. My mocks don't start until March so I'm pretty relaxed.:D
    What is that?

well i have a feeling i won't have the choice of not studying soon. my principal wants to talk to me about something tomorrow and it's not hard to guess what it's about :D. That and my parents are starting to realise i do no work.

Nice to know your principal is taking an interest :P Don't think mine knows who i am, not complaining though. My parents are extremely loud whn i try and study and i'm always telling them to keep it down when i try to study so their sick of the mocks already :o

Nice to know your principal is taking an interest :P Don't think mine knows who i am, not complaining though. My parents are extremely loud whn i try and study and i'm always telling them to keep it down when i try to study so their sick of the mocks already :o

i didn't think she knew my name anymore. i havn't talked to here since 2nd year so i assumed she had forgotten who i am but apparently not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

4 months is plenty of time to study.

Why can't the teachers/parents say that to me now an then? If they do, I wouldn't be so stressed out at procrastinating xD.

Had my mocks for Chemistry and Geography today, did more or less the same as my pessemistic estimation, which is bad... (50-60%). Spent the last 3 weeks studying for Geography and Chemistry and did nothing for Maths/English so I'm stressing out about tomorrow. Maybe I should sleep for 10 hours and then decide what to do :P.

Advertisement