Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add LIT email to gmail

Options
  • 01-02-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know how to add our LIT email to our gmail so we can check our inbox.

I would call out to the college but i kinda do distant learning and just thought someone here might know and save me the trip.

My brother went to UL and he was able to add his, so i think its possible ? ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

try emailing the computer services helpdesk helpdesk@lit.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

will do, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

without meaning to sound smart, have you tried asking your brother too?

its ok :)

Yeah i asked him but i couldn't understand what he did, something about pop server......hes abroad now but he says i need some details from LIT.

Ah, i was only seeing if someone here remembered how to do it

No reply as of yet from the helpdesk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

id imagine you need to get their pop server and port number.

• Advertisement

Got a mail from the helpdesk

Looks like its not possible, ah well !!

Cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

I'm just after setting it up so my LIT emails are sent to another email account.

Go to options (top right corner, near 'sign out', you might need to maximize the screen)
    Go to Organize E-Mail
    Under the Inbox Rules tab click 'new'
    Using the drop-down menus change the first field to '[Apply to all messages]' and the second field to 'Redirect the message to'
    Enter your other e-mail account in 'To' at the bottom of the new window that opens and click OK, then Save and then OK
    All emails that are sent to your LIT email will now automatically be sent to your other account.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

That helpdesk are absolutly useless. They'll tell you they don't know to an inquiry just to get rid of you.

Advertisement