Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Gym Membership

Options
  • 01-02-2010 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

hi, i'm looking at getting a cheap a gym membership as possible. I know you can sometimes get it cheaper than advertised, any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Where are you based?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Just haggle. A lot of gyms are struggling as people decide not to renew their subscriptions now, because of money worries. Don't be pressured into signing anything there and then - if they say their "offer ends today", it's BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sunshinegirly

oops forgot to say I'm in harold's cross. I'll do the haggling all right. although I'm not great at it if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if you just want a basic gym for cardio, then join Crunch in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Carlisle at the KCR. me and the other half joined from start of December and got both of us for €395 total for 14 month membership.

Its gone bit up now. it changes every month. was good price. Busy gym but ive no problem with it and the price is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Be sure to check out the fitness forum, there is a sticky thread at near the top with gym reviews.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=252

If you want cheap there is a hell of a lot you can do at home with minimal equipment. This is a personal trainer who posts here.
    dkhwmRUD3iI

Also check www.simplefit.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

if you just want a basic gym for cardio, then join Crunch in UCD

Any idea how much membership for Crunch is at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Bryn wrote: »
    Any idea how much membership for Crunch is at the moment?

haven't been a member for about 5 years now, but I'd guestimate it to be €200-€250 per year now

they tend to do 3 different prices:

UCD student
    any other student
    everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sunshinegirly

Great, I'll have a look at the Carlisle that sounds really good. I would prefer to pay by the month but that seems really good.

Thanks a million. In the spirit of giving something back, if you are looking at getting a pair of converse go to www.converse.ie and order a pair on line using the promotion code GSIE20Q309 and you will recieve 20% off with free delvivery. You'll get them for €40 as opposed to €50 which you would pay in most shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Great, I'll have a look at the Carlisle that sounds really good. I would prefer to pay by the month but that seems really good.

The price in Carlisle changes every month. This time of year is the most expensive because of people wanting to get fit as part of their NY resolutions. I think it's €395 or €350 now but if you wait two months it will be €250-€300 at the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Total Fitness is €450 for adults and €290 for under 23's at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Carlisle is 295 at the moment
    was 350 last week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Total Fitness is €290 for under 23's
    Carlisle is 295

OP, if you're under 23, Total Fitness is the one to go for.

Advertisement