Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++ related Certifications and there value

Options
  • 01-02-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

What C/C++ certifications are held in high regard for someone trying to break into commercial c++ development.

While iv heard of City and Guilds certificates getting people jobs i know there not held in high regard.

Can anyone give a recommendation for a well respected qualification or as well respected as they get.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Try over in the IT Cert forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Thanks,

Can i get a mod to move the thread rather than making a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

I'm not aware of any C++ certifications per se. C/C++ are vendor neutral languages unlike say Java/Sun or C#/Microsoft. I'd say if you have developed something that people could review then that would be a bonus.

I remember seeing a guy on these forums before that had developed some DSP for audio, desktop GUI app, I think he used Qt, but it was definitely implemented in C++. It was impressive and he clearly knew his stuff. He was using it to present his skills to potential employers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Zavalov

What C/C++ certifications are held in high regard for someone trying to break into commercial c++ development.

While iv heard of City and Guilds certificates getting people jobs i know there not held in high regard.

Can anyone give a recommendation for a well respected qualification or as well respected as they get.

Thanks

Have a look at these tutorials for C++:
    http://xoax.net/comp/cpp/index.php
    http://xoax.net/comp/cpp/console/Lesson0…

Advertisement