Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keane going to Celtic on loan ???

Options
  • 01-02-2010 7:44pm
    Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Harry just been on SSN confirming that Robbie is in talks with Celtic this evening with a view to a loan deal. Hope he goes for everyones benefit. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

looks a cert now.

his agent must be some shrud mover. he has made millions out of keanes tansfers!

at least my name make sense again!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Your name never stopped making sense ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

He's been poor all season to be fair. Think Pav deserves a few more appearances now in the side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

keane's a broken man but ive no sympathy for me. we knew berbatov was a **** but thought keane was different. i could never accept him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

at this stage aswell we'll never make any money out of him he'll stay there till the summer and buy him for 5 million tops or he'll come back and go out on loan to another sh*t club!
    celtic can have him because he definitely isn't good enough for spurs!
    hopefully we'll get to see more of pav so much better then keane:o
    now all we need to do is offload crouch:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

spursanmhi wrote: »
    keane's a broken man but ive no sympathy for me. we knew berbatov was a **** but thought keane was different. i could never accept him back.

he joined a team he supported as a kid that were playing CL football - wasn't his fault those at spurs dragged there heals in getting replacements and had us shafted for the start of last season.

put yourself in his shoes back then - you would have went too

as for berba - everyone knew that was coming.

back to keane -great move for him us and celtic in my opinion - he's been brutal since he went to liverpool - few months in scotland in a ****e league and the confidence will return.

be interesting to see who is the scape goat from now till the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The least people on here could do is wish him the best of luck with Celtic,I really hope he does well for them and starts to bang in the goals again.Robbie Keane is Spurs Legend as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

tippspur wrote: »
    The least people on here could do is wish him the best of luck with Celtic,I really hope he does well for them and starts to bang in the goals again.Robbie Keane is Spurs Legend as far as I'm concerned.

good man tipp spur - some people have short memories - remember gary doherty and sergie rebrov up front for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Here here good luck Robbie, there will always only be one keano :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

good man tipp spur - some people have short memories - remember gary doherty and sergie rebrov up front for us.
    And Andy Booth and Rasiak. :eek:

Surprised he went to Scotland as thought he'd wait a few more years and see his career out up there.

Surely he could've waited till the summer and got a move to another Premier League club.

Suppose we'll see what happens in the summer.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

i agree
    he has served this club well in his time. i hope it works out for him i have always liked him as a player but i think when he decided to leave for liverpool he should not have come back to spurs. when he did i cheered him on like i did any spurs player but how many transfers can one man make?

but on a loan deal? selling him would bring in money for the summer fair enough if harry doesnt want him but you can not tell me that spurs are a better team without robbie keane in the squad( not aimed at you tipspur!!) this is what amazes me.

plus how can celtic afford his wages??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Robbie has done brilliant over the years for THFC. I was delighted when he came back last season, and Im a little sad as an Irishman to see him leave again.

Anyway, I wish him all the best with Celtic, hopefully they can claw back the 10 point gap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Robbie has done brilliant over the years for THFC. I was delighted when he came back last season, and Im a little sad as an Irishman to see him leave again.

Totally agree. Robbie is a class player and its a pity that he has to move on. Maybe his confidence will be restored playing in Scotland for a few months. He could even come back to us in the summer as a re vitalised man. Best of luck Robbie. Tottenham legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

when he joined the pool he said he was joining the club he supported as a boy, now he is joining celtic and says the same thing. which is it!

at the end of the day his time was up at spurs, he is a goodish player but good enough for spurs any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I actually feel quite sorry for him. He moved to Liverpool, not for money, but because he wanted to play for the club he supported as a kid. It didn't work out for him and he came back half the player he was, with his confidence shot to pieces and fan/manager/team support dwindling.

I expected him to move to Celtic at some stage, though I figured it would be when he was 33 - 34, not now. I hope it works out for him. I hope (if he stays there) that he becomes the new Henrik Larsson and that the Celtic fans worship him. He's been a great servant to Spurs, and I wish him the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

SuprSi wrote: »
    I actually feel quite sorry for him. He moved to Liverpool, not for money, but because he wanted to play for the club he supported as a kid. It didn't work out for him and he came back half the player he was, with his confidence shot to pieces and fan/manager/team support dwindling.

I expected him to move to Celtic at some stage, though I figured it would be when he was 33 - 34, not now. I hope it works out for him. I hope (if he stays there) that he becomes the new Henrik Larsson and that the Celtic fans worship him. He's been a great servant to Spurs, and I wish him the best.

Exactly how I feel about the whole thing really. I'm sure he's going to do brilliantly up there. He'll be scoring goals for fun, and I dont see him coming back to us after the loan spell, something tells me that he'll finish up his career with the Bhoys.

Best of luck Robbie, here's to a new chapter, filled with many more goals for club and country over the years to come. You'll be missed at the Lane for sure.

thought it was celtic he supprted as a kid. thats what he is saying now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mickman wrote: »
    when he joined the pool he said he was joining the club he supported as a boy, now he is joining celtic and says the same thing. which is it!

Seriously, I can understand English fans having a problem getting their heard around this but you're struggling with the concept of an Irish kid supporting Liverpool AND Celtic.

Really?

i have no problem getting my head around it. im just sick of listening to people wishing him well and thanking me for his hard work etc. this is the second time now he has left our club to play for the "club has supported as a boy"

good riddance to him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mickman wrote: »
    i have no problem getting my head around it. im just sick of listening to people wishing him well and thanking me for his hard work etc. this is the second time now he has left our club to play for the "club has supported as a boy"

good riddance to him

Would you rather he sat on the bench and played sh1t for the 10 minutes he gets every game?

He deserves respect for his overall contribution to the club, and IMO in this stint he did a lot to help us stay up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

it bugged me when he left for pool, but he came back tail between the legs and got on with it he has to be commended for that,defoe crouch and arguably pav all look much sharper and with gudjohnson coming in the writing was on the wall.
    heard him today say " i had a chat with myself about move it didnt take long" his time at spurs is finished and he knows it best of luck to him

just watched keanes debut. should really have scored a one on one but he looked lively. pitty celtic are sh1t. lost 1 nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

keane=cock wrote: »
    just watched keanes debut. should really have scored a one on one but he looked lively. pitty celtic are sh1t. lost 1 nil.
    Yes, they're piss poor. If Celtic were playing in my back garden I'd close the curtains. Bad move Robbie. Mowbray is a very poor manager. He'll be gone by next season probably.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

keane=cock wrote: »
    Unfortunately for Robbie he has probably joined the worst Celtic team we have seen for years.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Does anyone not think that Harry has just made a sideways step with sending Robbie out on loan and getting Gudjonsen in.

Other than the fact that Gudjonsen has a few inches height advantage on Robbie, I personally don't see much difference between the two.
    Neither of them have pace.
    Neither of them are going to be prolific scorers.
    Both would be classed more as the link up player with main striker

I genuinely hope that Gudjonsen can add a different element to our attack but from what I recall watching him previously, I don't think he will. Of course my memory could be failing me.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Does anyone not think that Harry has just made a sideways step with sending Robbie out on loan and getting Gudjonsen in.

Other than the fact that Gudjonsen has a few inches height advantage on Robbie, I personally don't see much difference between the two.
    Neither of them have pace.
    Neither of them are going to be prolific scorers.
    Both would be classed more as the link up player with main striker

I genuinely hope that Gudjonsen can add a different element to our attack but from what I recall watching him previously, I don't think he will. Of course my memory could be failing me.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

i agree with you on this.

i personally always liked gudjohnson but after 2 years of relative inactivity im not sure how much he brings to the table. id prefer keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think if Keane was in form, it would be sideways step. Unfortunately for us, he hasn't been in form since he came back from Liverpool and considering how important our run-in is, would be unlikely to find the form/game time needed to include him in the team. Everyone knows what Eidur is capable of, and a fit Eidur will be an excellent player, and (I hope!) will prove to be more capable than Robbie of playing that link-up role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

Good Luck to Keano....

You will be Back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

good luck robbie, lets move on lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Gudjohnson scored 2 vs Dagenham the other night and Arry says he's looking very sharp in training. Keane is in teh papers this morning saying he was miserable at Spurs, well good luck to him I say.

I hope he has a better time at this boyhood club than he did at the last one.

Advertisement