Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does a function room cost to rent?

Options
  • 01-02-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how much a function room costs to rent for a private party? I'm thinking of the Russel Court Hotel in particular. I know that has a €100 plug-in fee for music, anyone have any idea how much it is in total? Or similar places?

Comments

I'm not trying to sound smart but your best best would to be ring them. Different venues can vary Hugely in price. Personally I would be expecting the room free if you are planning on bringing a load of people in to spend cash in their bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I'm not trying to sound smart but your best best would to be ring them. Different venues can vary Hugely in price. Personally I would be expecting the room free if you are planning on bringing a load of people in to spend cash in their bar.

Might do tomorrow, but posting here is much quicker than ringing them, especially seeing as I'm guessing the office is closed at 7pm. I'm just looking for a vague ballpark. €300? €500? €800?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

€100 more than you can afford. It's always that way :D

Seriously though, the price will vary considerably based on the size and location.

Might do tomorrow, but posting here is much quicker than ringing them, especially seeing as I'm guessing the office is closed at 7pm. I'm just looking for a vague ballpark. €300? €500? €800?

Not a clue sorry. As I said I wasn't being smart, sorry if it appeared that way.
    Definitely bargain them down on whatever price they give you. IMO charging for a room that would otherwise sit empty is, in this day and age, a bit cheeky to say the least. They should be even throwing in some free grub to get your business.
    Infact there is a place in dalkey that does this, free food & DJ if you book your party with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Russel Court normally does free food I think. Price isn't that much of a problem. I'm class rep in college, and I'm organising an end of year party, so I'll be selling tickets to it to cover the costs if it's very expensive.

I'm assuming it could be around €500? Does that sound right?

• Advertisement

I'm assuming it could be around €500? Does that sound right?

Considering rooms in south county dublin would have been around €200 before the big r then yeh I'd say about 500 would be close for city centre I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

With the slump in trading you would get a room FOC with no plug in fee in many parts of the country. Venues should be glad of the extra unadvertised business.

Advertisement