Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Railways on RTE Nationwide

Options
  • 01-02-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

Donegal Railways are set to feature on Nationwide on Wednesday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Must keep an eye out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Interesting programme but where is Finntown? Is it near Glenties?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Essexboy wrote: »
    Interesting programme but where is Finntown? Is it near Glenties?
    Yeah, not that far. About 9 or 10 miles I think. The trains would have ran from Glenties via Finntown to Ballybofey.

You can see the routes here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Fintown!

Hard to believe there was once a station in my own Churchill!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

My Dad use to go to and from boarding school in Dublin via train. Gets off at Fintown then a bus from Fintown - Dungloe. Effort of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

My Granda often told us about the Owencarrow Viaduct crash in 1925 and he was part of the group that went there to help out. He was around 26 at the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

My Dad use to go to and from boarding school in Dublin via train. Gets off at Fintown then a bus from Fintown - Dungloe. Effort of that!

Funny you mention that as when I was looking at the map above I was think would you actually take a train from Dublin to Donegal.

Would you have to buy a pile of different tickets as there would have been a few different rail companies operating the line between here and Dublin?

Also How long would that have taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Funny you mention that as when I was looking at the map above I was think would you actually take a train from Dublin to Donegal.

Would you have to buy a pile of different tickets as there would have been a few different rail companies operating the line between here and Dublin?

Also How long would that have taken?

I'll ask him this weekend. Dunno what he would know about the ticket thing, he was travelled on it from age of 7 - 12 every holidays (Christmas, Easter & Summer)

Advertisement