Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Leather Satchels

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Very similar ones here but I don't know how much you're willing to spend.

I'd absolutely love a leather satchel myself, have always wanted one!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Theres some nice shops in Dublin that sell leather satchels and things. But you appear to be in Limerick, so i'm not sure of anywhere online sorry.

But I gotta say as a cheap alternative that satchel you linked on Asos is gorgeous, tempted by it myself! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RMC10

Lady wrote: »
    Theres some nice shops in Dublin that sell leather satchels and things. But you appear to be in Limerick, so i'm not sure of anywhere online sorry.

Hey Lady, where abouts in Dublin have you seen nice satchels? I like the one on Asos but would prefer something which I could use as an everyday handbag??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

RMC10 wrote: »
    Hey Lady, where abouts in Dublin have you seen nice satchels? I like the one on Asos but would prefer something which I could use as an everyday handbag??

There's a few nice little leather goods stores around Grafton st. Couldnt tell you the names but there is one on South Annes st and one in Powerscourt Centre. Could also try Harlequinn, Castle Market just off Sth William st its a vintage store so you might pick up a nice old worn one.

HTH :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

fonpokno wrote: »
    Very similar ones here but I don't know how much you're willing to spend.

I'd absolutely love a leather satchel myself, have always wanted one!

Thanks for the link, but that's a little pricey for me. I'd be looking to spend around 100, maybe a bit more if it's really nice.

I absolutely love the ASSOS one, but am afraid it will look very cheap and plastic-ey in reality...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭lorem ipsum

Hey morningpeasant

There are some really nice real leather satches on topshop.co.uk, don't know if there in the Dublin store but they are pretty reasonable in terms of price:

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=true&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=74446&parent_category_rn=130031&productId=1563985&langId=-1

or this one from Urban outfitters:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk/Renewal-Leather-Satchel/invt/5417423740000&bklist=icat,5,shop,womens,womensaccessories,wbags

Or this is a brilliant site I found awhile ago but have never bought anything off

http://www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk/

I do love my satchels! I bought a lovely one about 4 years ago now and use it everyday, it looks better with age and still get loads of comments on it! It was pricey but leather does last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think I just fell in love with that Asos satchel. It is beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭morningpeasant

Novella wrote: »
    I think I just fell in love with that Asos satchel. It is beautiful.

I know, it's such a brilliant design :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Or this is a brilliant site I found awhile ago but have never bought anything off

http://www.cambridgesatchel.co.uk/

I do love my satchels! I bought a lovely one about 4 years ago now and use it everyday, it looks better with age and still get loads of comments on it! It was pricey but leather does last.

Lol, I was going to mention that site. It was in Elle magazine's most recent newsletter so they must be getting trendy. They do look rather cool but would they kill your shoulder, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

Hi morningpeasant,

I was just wondering if you went ahead and got the ASOS satchel? I'm very tempted (especially with the 20% off they're doing now) but I'm also thinking it might look a bit plasticy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Woo just found my dream leather satchel in a charity shop the last day for 3 euro after 10 years of scouring the second hand shops for the perfect one (I've found many but they were never jsut right). It's really old and well used so the leather is lovely and soft (they do look beather with age) and I'm getting a buckle put on it in the leather shop next week (it's missing the original), so happy days! :pac:

Advertisement