Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 9pm Tue Lawless Ireland

Options
  • 01-02-2010 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Lawless Ireland have just advertised their programme for tonight with the reporter Brian O' Donovan loading a clip into a .22 S&W. Now I didn't catch whether the clip was empty or not - but he then kinda turned towards the camera and unknownst to himself he was facing the barrell in the direction of the camera crew. Must try and catch it - but would like to know if the clip was loaded or not. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

LB6 wrote: »
    Lawless Ireland have just advertised their programme for tonight with the reporter Brian O' Donovan loading a clip into a .22 S&W. Now I didn't catch whether the clip was empty or not - but he then kinda turned towards the camera and unknownst to himself he was facing the barrell in the direction of the camera crew. Must try and catch it - but would like to know if the clip was loaded or not. Thanks.

Highly unlikely the clip was loaded, really, who would give anybody, untrained, a loaded gun on national TV?

Reminds me of the Willy O'Dea picture, pointing the pistol right at the camera. Ignorance at it's best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

i think its a repeat (surprise suprise) , it has deasy on spouting his normal waffle and a well know "security expert" and ex-member of the defence forces who knows shockingly little about ballistics :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 quigley

I am unable to view this programme this evening. What is the context in which this pistol is introduced - is there any indication of whether it is Licenced or otherwise. Further, is there any indication that the reporter licenced to have such a firearm in his possession?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Visitor just gone - did I miss it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

it had a chamber flag in .

more crap form RTE , do they drink our tv licence money ?.

they tell us about the problems in the country ,there is not one of them fit to sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

tx JW - missed that

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

jwshooter wrote: »
    it had a chamber flag in .

more crap form RTE , do they drink our tv licence money ?.

they tell us about the problems in the country ,there is not one of them fit to sort it out.

More crap from tv 3 you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Only to be followed by more gun crap on RTE two.That "comedy"???? programme "Your bad self" just had a piece about firearms.
    Some dude pretending to be a Goth ,out from jail for murder discussing tips on where he shot his victim with a guy who is I suppose a range /saftey instructor [and surprise surprise protrayed as a thicko],after he went thru the firearms procedure.Gun is no surprises an Evillll black M14 style rifle.
    About as funny as a dead pig in the sunshine.
    And they want our money for this rubbish on our TV?????:mad::mad::mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    And they want our money for this rubbish on our TV?????:mad::mad::mad:

And for them reasons im expecting the TV Licence inspecter anyday now:eek::p

now we have pat kenny ,having a go at us.

• Advertisement

Somone please text these muppetts and give them a potted history of how NOT easy it is to get a gun here??Especially for self defence:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

jwshooter wrote: »
    now we have pat kenny ,having a go at us.

Have you ever heard of sky or upc? great choice out there ya know...
    Who watches the Banana republic tv anymore anyway?

barney 20v wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of sky
    PUKE!!!!wouldnt pay that Austrailian robber baron one red cent of my money for that shte..

Who watches the Banana republic tv anymore anyway
    ?
    Not aquestion of watching.A question of forking out dough to own a TV set.:mad:

barney 20v wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of sky or upc? great choice out there ya know...
    Who watches the Banana republic tv anymore anyway?

iv every channel sky can give , just wanted to hear what they have to say on the subject.

best to be in the know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

it had the usual waffle ...the rise in gun crime coincides with the sharp rise in legaly licenced firearms bla bla bla....
    Thought Des Crofton put himself across very well... made his time on air count

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

rowa wrote: »
    i think its a repeat (surprise suprise) , it has deasy on spouting his normal waffle and a well know "security expert" and ex-member of the defence forces who knows shockingly little about ballistics :rolleyes:.
    I had to talk to an Expert about a rifle i wanted 7.62x51mm i was told "no" its a Police/Army size..!!! So can i have it in 7.62 Nato now that sounds more like it for hunting deer but i`ll have to look it up..!! so i said will a .308win be Ok? yes i cann`t see any thing wrong with that...:confused::confused::confused:
    (make, model, and all the identifying numbers the same as per letter said on it.,he just made one change from 7.62 x 51mm to .308win) ;)
    And i know that i know Duck all just a little to get by

What are you ducking???
    A rose by any other name should smell so sweet.
    If you said you were liscensing a multishot multiswarm subcalibre discharging firearm in cal 15x75mm..That would sound horrendous and give any "expert" heart palpitations.
    But in reality it is Class.........?????:):D:D
    Hands up now,and dont answer all together.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Sounds a bit like a tightly bored 20 gauge to me.

Give that man a cigar!:D. A double barrel 12 GA would have done it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Wait on and pose the question why does gun crime continue to rise when you have pretty much taken legal handguns out of the picture.

Q politician reaching for the stat book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

johngalway wrote: »
    Wait on and pose the question why does gun crime continue to rise when you have pretty much taken legal handguns out of the picture.

Q politician reaching for the stat book.

More like the politician reaching for the Delete e-mail button!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

More like the politician reaching for the Delete e-mail button!!!

Emails are like text messages, too easy to ignore/delete. These idiots need it put up to them in live situations, at meetings, at openings, on radio, on TV.

It's like that bollocks you see in the Dail, Ugh, well deppidy, if you gave me tha question three weeks previous to last tuesdday I could have made up some BS for you now rather than you expectin to catch me on the hop here.

Advertisement