Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Fee

Options
  • 01-02-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a town house but it comes with an annual management fee of around 4/500 euro. When negotiating to buy is it possible to negotiate the removal of the fee since there is no common area, lifts or apartment complex to heat and take care of. As its a house id rather just cut the grass outside myself rather then pay 500 euro a year for the rest of my life and whats to stop the fee being increased anytime. The town house is surrounded by apartment complexes etc so I can see why they may have to pay. Anybody had any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

In general, no, there's no way to avoid the management fees.

Having a management company may have been part of the original planning permission for the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

It would be impossible do do what your suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

In estates where houses share with apartments, the houses would generally contribue to landscaping (if there are green areas on the estate), waste collection (if you don't pay for that separately), street lighting, general maintenance (i.e. cleaning of waste/drain pipes), road maintenance (should there need to be potholes filled or speed bumps installed etc) and block/public liability insurance.

If you buy into a managed estate, you pay a management fee. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

actually in some management company contracts (mine anyway)there is a clause that allows you to leave the company. it may be easier in a house to excercise as there's no difficulty with common areas or building insurance, apartments/dulexes are more complicated

Advertisement