Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zazzle

Options
  • 01-02-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i bought some magnets off of zazzle with names and dates on them. they looked great and when i ordered them i emailled straight away to make sure that the names and date i changed from the default had gone through alright as alot of places spell my fiancees name wrong so i wanted to catch it early if this happened.
    anyway magnets came today and low and behold the whole thing was wrong. the default name and date option were just that, our names and dates hadn't been entered. so i'm obviously sending them back but i'm just wondering do i have to pay for this as they obviously didn't bother checking or reading my email which would've caught this mistake???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you specify the required changes when placing the order (i.e. not afterwards)?

If you did, then they didn't supply the goods as required, and you would be entitled to a refund, repair or replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

well its a save the date magnet for our wedding invites so basically the words "bride and groom" and the date you change yourself to what ever you want to theres no need to contact them at all. i only did it to make sure my missus's name was spelt right as alot of places leave out an "e" in her name and obviously we want it right for the invites! they still haven't gotten back to me. i do want the magnets but just don't think i should have to pay for them to be sent back

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you specified names and dates when placing the order, then that is what should have been provided.

If the goods were not provided as described (i.e. with incorrect spelling), then you are entitled to a refund, repair or replacement under Consumer Law. Additionally, if purchased online, and goods are defective, then European law states that the seller should pay for the cost of return postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thats for the advice dudara, they are in california so not sure if thats makes a difference. they came back to me anyway and i'm sending them back and they're refunding me but not sure if thats includes the cost of sending them back!

Advertisement