Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig zag ,thats not allowed.

Options
  • 01-02-2010 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hi ,I notice after 12 months of my signature ,it's suddenly too big for boards:confused:

This post and my signature are/were not to prove anything ,I liked the signature and it can't be made smaller. It's one I picked on last.fm:(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Sig must of been too big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Sig must of been too big.

Yeah ,what sig ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What was the image, can you post it here?

It was a signature I picked from last.fm nearly a year ago ,don't even know how to go about finding it again.

I don't expect too much from paying a subscription:(

Found it on google cache:
    yoshytoshy.gif

• Advertisement

Thanks Gordon, maybe I'll try and mess with it and make it smaller ,but it's someone elses design ,so I'm not sure.
    It's not that big though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

280x125 ok?

yoshytoshy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

280x125 ok?

yoshytoshy.gif

Is it not one of those images that's updated regularly depending on what you're listening to?

280x125 ok?

yoshytoshy.gif

Cheers roundy ,I didn't think of saving the banner as an image. I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

Just dissapearing without any notice ,was a bit blunt.

Is it not one of those images that's updated regularly depending on what you're listening to?

Yeah it was at the start ,but it stopped updating a few months back for some reason ,so an image is good enough at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

/self facepalm

It's a feckin gif, so probably :D

If you're happy with a static image yt, you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I don't expect too much from paying a subscription:(
    ^ This.

Overheal ,I was a bit annoyed I didn't get a message about it .

I just logged on and it's like ,boards thinks your an ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

If they messages everyone whose sig was against the rules they'd get nowt else done :) Been sig2big'd myself and it is a pain, but hey - it was against the rules so it was my own fault.

Aye ,I presumed it was alright because no one said anything.

I'll just have to make my replies more interesting and forget about the sig thing.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Overheal ,I was a bit annoyed I didn't get a message about it .

I just logged on and it's like ,boards thinks your an ass.
    Boards doesn't think you're an ass, not at all, it's like shellyboo says, a lot of sigs get snipped and if we had to warn people about their sigs it'd be really time consuming to do. To warn someone via PM I would have to keep a file of who I have warned and when I warned them. Then I would need to pick a time duration for snipping the sig if the user doesn't amend the sig as requested. And then I would need to check up on the user to see if they have reverted the sig to the large sig after snipping. And throughout all this I could have PMs back and forth from many users contesting the legitimacy of the snippage of their signature.

All this work when really, people should try to keep their sigs within the rules, it shouldn't be up to me to keep tabs on peoples signatures and keep them within the rules, that's up to users. Sorry if anyone gets offended or pissed off by me snipping their sig and 2bigging it, no offence is meant, but if it's too big, it gets snipped, that's it. If the signature is that important to you it must be good enough for you to keep a saved version of it! I most likely won't save it before snipping it, so keep that in mind.

No worries Gordon ,my signatures aren't worth much in the real world either:pac:

It was a huff yesterday when I posted the thread ,I don't really know what goes on behind the scenes on the site.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Surely with two full time developers, sigpo could be automated at some point?

You could set limits based on usergroup - i.e. subs get a slightly bigger one.

Just a suggestion.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After doing the whole PM thing for years and getting abuse that way or just being ignored for days (we used to let it slide for a day or two, even knowing the users were indeed online and had read the PM) it's just easier the hard way.

There is some automation in place to prevent sigs from being too big, centered, etc but that won't stop everything.

Advertisement