Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa on saturday

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Second Half Begins

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Dangerous free kick for villa on the edge of our box,but shot wide by downing, poor effort thank god:)

Half chance for Carew, Villa coming more into the game in the second half.

Spurs back on top now with sustained pressure.

Huddlestone unlucky with a great shot saved by Freidel

• Advertisement

25 mins to go, game has got a bit scrappy, need to freshen things up a bit now and maybe bring on somebody.

2 half chances for Carew.

Header by Crouch but floats over the crossbar.

Terrible header wide by Dawson with 3 or 4 waiting in the box that he could have put through.

Sustained pressure ends with Crouch chance that deflects wide for a corner that comes to nothing.

• Advertisement

All Spurs now COYS

Crouch header just wide, 5 mins to go + injury time

Stonewall pen not given for foul on Defoe

Crouch flicked chance just wide, unbelievable how we are not winning:mad:

Game over 0-0 just wasn't our day. Played well but couldn't score.:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

At least we didn't concede in the 90th min this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Very dissapointed with the result.
    A game that was defo there for the winning.
    How in gods name was there no changes made. Luka for me didn't seem at the races today, Niko should have been on after an hour.

A great chance wasted.
    Disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

It was a shame alright good opertunity passed us by

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Very dissapointed with the result.
    A game that was defo there for the winning.
    How in gods name was there no changes made. Luka for me didn't seem at the races today, Niko should have been on after an hour.

A great chance wasted.
    Disgusted.

I agree with you there, Harry should have made changes and Modric should have been one of them. Not one of his best games. I was convinced before the game that Villa weren't a realistic contender for 4th and after tonight they definitely in my opinion have no chance. We really played them off the park just like we did at Villa park. Its a season of should have beens, so many points thrown away, very frustrating. But we are used to that being Spurs fans aren't we ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yet again we fail to break down a packed defense,i just watched the highlights on rte 2 and heard Kenny Cunningham say we had 32 shots on goal.ffs how many more do we need.Surely Gudjonson was worth a go in the last 15 mins.frustrating is the only word yet again,:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Very disappointing result especially as Liverpool have gone ahead of us and taken 4th spot. It'll be very difficult to overtake them now. The only good news is that Man City lost. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

1. mickger844 - no offense but lay off the running commentary during the game. we are all following it and come on here to discuss the games , not to mention every single thing that happens during it

2. villa have the meanest defense in the league. they went to anfield and old trafford and beat them on the break. we couldnt score in them (no one can when they pack the defense) but we didnt let them get a sniff of a break away goal either so we did very well and did what we could. it was a good result against a very good team who have playing away nailed down to an art. modric had a good game, dont see why people dont think that.

Honestly Gomes has become one of the best Keeper's in the league this year and he deserves a lot of credit for our recent mean defense that and having two captains in central defense playing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i was one of gomes biggest detractors to be honest but i hold my hands up the guy has turned things around..i was just gutted cos i knew what a good keeper he was at psv...... well done gomes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

gomes in rock solid now. top keeper

I have to look at the last two games as 4 points dropped and we would only be 2 points off Arsenal :(
    oh ya loved the bit yesterday when young got the ball and the commentator says young can beat anyone in a race and bale comes in with a superb tackle and he goes but not bale delighted to see the crowd chanting his name I also thought modric played well mickman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Honestly Gomes has become one of the best Keeper's in the league this year and he deserves a lot of credit for our recent mean defense that and having two captains in central defense playing together.
    this is true,Gomes is not getting of credit for our recent defensive improvement,his double save yesterday was excellent as was his first half save in the cup game against Leeds.top class keeper.:cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Do you think? I dunno, I doubt there's a spurs fan who won't rate him highly right now, esp. after weathering the storm after his initial comic blunders early on in his spurs career.

I regards to top four contention, if we can't kill off games we should win then we shouldn't be in the top four, then again the other contenders - Villa, City, Pool - are no more deserving!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Very reminiscent of the game at Villa Park earlier this season, in that we were again the more dominant team and another excellent display from their keeper Friedel.

It's getting very frustrating the way we keep dominating matches but are failing to score or kill off teams when we do get one.

• Advertisement

RichMc70 wrote: »
    It's getting very frustrating the way we keep dominating matches but are failing to score or kill off teams when we do get one.

Imagine how the team feels! poor lads must feel like that just can't do anything right

Advertisement