Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4 days in Tokyo

• 01-02-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Has anybody been? I'm flying in to tokyo on route to Australia and will have 4 days there. Has anybody got any advice? Was thinkin of heading to Harajuku on the Sunday as that's when it's busiest, check out shinjuku for nightlife and ginza for shopping..
    Anything else i shouldn't miss, would disneylansd be worth a visit? didn't rate the one in Paris but tokyo might be better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Harajuka on a Sunday is a good call, then go to Yoyogi Park (just around the corner from it). Loads of bands playing and a really cool group of Teddy-Boy Yakuza guys having a dance-off.
    Stay in a capsule hotel at some stage (there's a good one in Asakusa).
    If you're a Lost In Translation fan go for a few drinks in The New York City Bar in The Park Hyatt Hotel, there's great views there too at night.
    I wouldn't be bothered with Disneyland, it's probably quite similar to the French one which you didn't like.
    Visit an Onsen if you get a chance.
    Be sure to get Kobe Beef some night, there's probably good restaurant recommendations for it in the Lonely Planet.
    Definitely go to the fish market in Tskuiji. Go early morning. Then get breakfast in one of the local sushi bars

Advertisement