Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most disappointing games of 2009 for you?

Options
  • 01-02-2010 11:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What are the games that disapointed you most in 2009?

For me there were a few

Empire total war
    Company of heros:tales of valor
    Operation flashpoint 2

What are yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Left for Dead 2, was almost the exact same as L4d1 in every aspect. really should have been part of a dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Operation flashpoint 2

I hated every aspect of it.
    Long live ARMA

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i hated wolfenstein!!!!!!!!!!! what a load of gaming ****e!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pro evo was prety disapointing for me too.

Pro evo was prety disapointing for me too.
    UGH pro evos gameplay was shocking tbh! cant believe they seem to be going backwards and fifa seems to improve year ontop of year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

UGH pro evos gameplay was shocking tbh! cant believe they seem to be going backwards and fifa seems to improve year ontop of year!

Well fifa has it bugs too but its definitely better than pro evo atm.

Well fifa has it bugs too but its definitely better than pro evo atm.
    ok agree fifa is not perfect by a long way but it really is the best available to us in terms of a soccer game!!!!! like this thread btw

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

PES 2010 was massive improvement on last year's effort for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Pro evo is great if you are playing two player with a mate, playing single player is kinda pants. Plus i could never get the online to work even once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055798546
    You all might as well make your opinions count before the nomination thread(s) gets closed:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Probably Killzone 2 and Street Fighter IV. Was really looking forward to them and didnt play them long after they came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,776 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Took all the fun parts from the original and replaced them with nothing. Fewer people to talk to between missions. Worse characters, most of whom play very similar to each other. Fusion moves are unimaginative and similar for a lot of characters. Can't use some characters in some missions due to the storyline. Game is a lot easier.

Really disappointed with that game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

+1 for Empire Total War. What a pile of steaming poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

no, Steaming Poo:Total War is due later this year

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Empire total war - A steaming broken turd of game, that could have been great. I used to be CA's biggest fan. Now I detest them. I find the idea of being asked to pay full price for the glorified expansion (& patch) that is Napolean, not too mention all the ****ty overpriced DLC, offensive.

Operation Failpoint 2 - Pure unrefined 100% fail. It promised Arma and delivered COD. That's fine if you want COD but that's not how they sold it. Thank god for Bohemia Interactive.

Maximilian wrote: »
    Operation Failpoint 2 - Pure unrefined 100% fail. It promised Arma and delivered COD. That's fine if you want COD but that's not how they sold it. Thank god for Bohemia Interactive.

+1 to that and the graphics were shocking nothing like the videos we saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Operation lolpoint: Draglol rising. Just ****e.

Batman Arkham Asylum. Not that it was bad, but with the amount of hype around it youd swear it was the second coming. It was a good platformer/brawler, nothing more

Modern Warfare 2
    I wasnt even a major fan of MW1 but this took the piss. It was enjoyable to a point but the story was a shambles and it palyed exactly like MW1, which in turn played like COD2, which played like COD1...etc. At least MW1 had a decent story and didnt try and cram as many set pieces down your neck as possible every 2 seconds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I did try to warn people about Op Flash 2 but nobody listens to me and I've got a sneaky feeling AvP won' be great either.

For me it was the single player of Modern Warfare 2. It was just half arsed compared to the first game.

Resi 5 was also a major let down compared to Resi 4.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've got a sneaky feeling AvP won' be great either.

Sadly I think you may well be right. You can only judge Rebellion on their track record and that's utter ****e as far as I'm concerned. And in any event, methinks they doth hype too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

OPF2 for the reasons already stated. Its not got any drm of any kind, but even pirates regard this as waste of pirating

• Advertisement
Advertisement