Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening gowns

Options
  • 01-02-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Hi All!

Just wondering where would be a good place to buy a christening gown for my little girl? The only place I've seen them is Mamas and Papas and I wasn't too impressed!

Thanks

CCL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭themysteriouson

Definitely have a look in Freckles just off Abbey street in Dublin City Centre (if you have a chance to get up) it has the most fabulous christening gowns and even little suits for the boys which are so cute. Very reasonably priced as well wont cost you a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Theres a shop in tallaght village called "the sisters". Brought my nephew there for a communion outfit last year. Clothes are gorgeous and ladies really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Meath street, I'm in the liberties Market and there is a stall there with some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Little Angels on Blessington Street in Dublin 1. The lady there makes all the gowns by hand and they are GORGEOUS! I swear if I hadn't already had a gown I would have bought one there. Addison was christened in my gown from 22 years ago :o

Also Debenhams do christening gowns too, you should have a quick look on Saturday :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 steph76

Kids section of Arnotts usually have a nice selection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Have seen them for sale in TKMaxx before but that was awhile ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lasol

I went to Freckles, the lady there was rude and not helpful at all! Debenhams had nicer and cheaper gowns and the staff was very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pula

I went to Freckles too, was rather impressed with their selection but was shocked by how absolutely rude they were!!! I walked out - will not buy there no matter how lovely the dresses looked - Have been searching online but think i might pop into Little Angels! Thanks for the tip!

pula wrote: »
    I went to Freckles too, was rather impressed with their selection but was shocked by how absolutely rude they were!!! I walked out - will not buy there no matter how lovely the dresses looked - Have been searching online but think i might pop into Little Angels! Thanks for the tip!

It's closed down now :( Thread is from 2010!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I have to say I love the idea of a family gown
    Aisling was christened in the same gown that her uncle (my older brother), her mother (me), her big sister and all her first cousins were christened in
    My mother washed it by hand after each event (she wouldn't trust me with it :D) and it is wrapped up in paper for the next occasion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

Traditionally, the train from the wedding dress was used to make the christening robe which was used for either sex.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

January wrote: »
    It's closed down now :( Thread is from 2010!

no:(
    Since when?
    Was in there a few weeks ago.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    no:(
    Since when?
    Was in there a few weeks ago.

About a month ago Moonbeam... it's some model type shop now :( mother in law says the lady retired...

Advertisement