Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

setting up a beautyroom/nail bar

• 01-02-2010 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi new to this :)
    was jst wondering if anybody would have any advice... ive been given the opportunity to rent a beauty room and a nail bar in a hair salon.. d salon is brand new there is no hairdressers in there as of yet as it is still bein renovated but they wil b renting the sections to..
    i dnt no wats involved in setting up other that i no wat i will need product wise and equiptment. but wat kinda rent should i expect wat abt tax and does any one no abt the grants frm the social welfare? :eek:
    i think its a good oportunity but a bit nervous to bite the bullet...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hello Sarah.
    First, about txt speak in your message. It's not popular here in Boards and if you could refrain from using it in the future you'll be making everyone happier.
    Secondly, welcome. :)

I'll leave this thread open for a while just to see if you get any feedback. If you don't get any helpful advice I'll see if there is a better forum for you.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Hey Sarah, to be honest we cant tell you or even guess how much your rent would be, you dont say where the salon is based?

Equipment wise if they arent going to kit it out for you then you will need chairs, desk for doing the nails and all your own products if you are renting the space off them.

To be honest Im not sure about social welfare giving out grants to people wanting to set up a business, they didnt in 2008 when I set up my business.

Tax wise you will need to see an accountant for this part.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

lala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Hi Sarah, congratulations on the beauty room. Well you know about your product line if only it was as easy as that. Ill try give you some advice.

First of all to check what you should be paying in rent, check with other salons/beauty rooms maybe some agents and try get an overview of rental rates. You will also need to check what do you get for the rent, will it include utilities such a electricity and water, what about bin rates ect.

You will then need to get Insurance. AIT http://www.aitireland.com/ are good and resonable with therapists rents, this will cover you for the treatments you will be preforming, you will need to enquire about public liability insurance too.

You will then need to register your business for tax purposes, your local revenue office will tell you everything you need to do there.

Also enquire with FAS i think they do give some type of grant to new businesses setting up.

A good forum i use is http://www.salongeek.com/ it's good for advice and questions like this.
    Hope that is some help.

Advertisement