Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you focus, manage and overall succeed in class?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I keep dazing off randomly, I started sleeping earlier then usual but no results. I live rather far from my school, a 2 bus route both 10 minutes each (not including waiting for it to arrive) so breakfast is hard for me to fit in, I usually skip it. I heard exercising on a regular basis also keeps you stress-free and can help not only physically strengthening but also mentally.

Would anyone care to spread some light?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

I'll "spread" a bit of the old light.

¬ Get a Breakfast
    ¬ Exercise
    ¬ Study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NiamhMac

you def need to get breakfast, either get up abit earlier or grab a banana or something anything on the way out ..
    also, you need to keep hydrated so have a bottle of water in class especially in maths theres statistics to prove that improves performance but i cant remember them!
    excercise helps too, well i find it much easier to concentrate when im training anyway , so i would recommend you try that ..
    aaand finally, if youre finding it difficult to focus, ALWAYS have a pen in your hand ; if your reading,underline important phrases etc if the teacher is talking take notes.

finally BE POSITIVE! if you think you cant concentrate you wont so tell yourself you can and you well .. its hard at firts but youll soon find it easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Eat breakfast, having a growling stomach will not help concentration.

Exercise a bit if you have time.

If you can read up a tiny bit beforehand for classes, it can really make following the class easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I never usually have trouble in class with paying attention,I`m usually super focused and on top of things.

When I get home its a different story,find it very hard to concentrate because I`m so tired :( I manage to get all of my homework done and then I`m totally wrecked,any study that follows is looking at a book for half an hour until I eventually stop for the night.

Any tips would be appreciated ;)

Regarding tips for the OP, get up eary and have a nice breakfast...gets the spirits up and gives you energy. Bring a bottle of water with you and drink that every now and again(teachers don`t usually mind you drinking water in class).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Eat breakfast man, nothing takes your mind off study/learning/class like hunger.

Exercise defo helps with stress. I can't stress this enough, it's great for relieving stress. You feel far more calm and relaxed, it releases happy hormones. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement