Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jtag'd xbox's how much should i pay?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

looking to pick up an old kernel xbox to jtag, but having problems finding one.

what should a decent price guide be?

ive seen them for sale for 200+ and then saw one for sale for 150 but it had a few scratches etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I wouldn't pay near that price for one to be honest, most I'd be willing to part with would be 70 euro.

Less if it's a RROD box, maybe 50 max.

In fact I'd say your best bet might be getting a RROD box that hasn't been banned, it's how I got my one.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Dongasaurus

While I agree with TouchingVirus in theory in reality you're not going to have that much choice.

The standard price for a RROD box on adverts is 50e with cables and PSU.

Repaired ones can go from anywhere between 80-100.

You might be able to find a 360 in shops built before 16th July. After that they have the new kernel and are unflashable.

One thing you could try if you're feeling cheeky is go into gamestop and ask to see some of their second hands working and just check the kernel from there.

Of course you will have better luck buying from people you know IRL than some where public like adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I wonder about the July 16th comment. Maybe I did just get lucky but I bought a RROD console for €50, sent it back in December 2009 (still in warranty) and received a refurb console dated July 22nd 2009. It had kernel 7371 and CB/CD 8192 (Xenon) and was exploitable.

That said, the repair I sent back for in January ended up with an August 27th 2009 refurb, and I've not opened it up but I wouldn't hold out hope for that being vulnerable :D

You could also try contact some 360 repairers and ask them about their spares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

cheers for the info guys.

i was bidding on an ad last night on ebay for 3 rrod xbox's for £80. lost by £2 so pretty mad.

on a lighter note, i might have found an xbox which hasn't got the update from july.

happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

cheers for the info guys.

i was bidding on an ad last night on ebay for 3 rrod xbox's for £80. lost by £2 so pretty mad.

on a lighter note, i might have found an xbox which hasn't got the update from july.

happy days!
    hey guys i have a rrod xbox im looking to sell with power brick and av lead for €50 if anyone wants it pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Try adverts.ie Sean

Advertisement