Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mail Notifications

Options
  • 02-02-2010 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

I keep getting the notifications for subscribed threads even though I have them switched off in my user options!

Anybody got any ideas to why this is?!

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Hi there - switching off automatic subscriptions will prevent you from subscribing to any future threads you reply to, but your existing subscriptions to existing threads remain and will continue to notify you of replies.

You can view the list of threads to which you are subscribed by clicking here (it's in the Control Panel, for future reference) and deleting your existing subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

But am I not right in thinking I should be able to subscribe and turn off e-mails?!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Yes, you can do that by going here and changing your "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "No email notification".

This still won't change the subscription mode on existing subscribed threads, but you can change the subscription type on those to "no email" using the first link I gave you.

Yeah I had done that but was still getting the e-mails....which is why I thought it was a tad bit strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You might have to cancel your subscriptions and then subscribe again. Vbulletin can sometimes be a bit temperamental (not the term I'm using in my head:)) about the subbed threads.

• Advertisement

Yeah that seems to have done the trick on some of them!

Thanks for the advice guys.....close at will!

Advertisement