Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How nice is Papa Johns?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 2:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

As a dub, I'm curious! My mate from galway says its seriously nice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

meh, its nothin you wont get in dominoes, 4 star, pizza hut etc, il only bin to the one in supermacs and it very overpriced compared with the bigger pizza people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I think it's rotten.

Apache Pizza ftw.

Whenever i have just a slice at a Galway United game, i enjoy it, but i got two of them before(buy one, get one free, wouldn't get a pizza without that offer) and i couldn't get through either of them

Dominos IMO are the nicest, plus they give ''two for one'' vouchers these days.

I'd put all the rest on par

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Hell's Pizza
    Your from Dublin, try the best!

Papa John's is rubbish, owned and run by Supermac's, enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

I'm gonna go against the consensus here and say I think it is nice. Have had a few slices, and enjoyed them. It might not be better than Dominos or what have ya, but it isn't far off and so I'd opt for that seen as it is a local company. Supermacs may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the company puts a lot of support into local sporting clubs - Galway hurlers, Galway United to name but two - and so if I am going down the fastfood route, it is them who will get my money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

majiktripp wrote: »
    Hell's Pizza
    Your from Dublin, try the best!

Papa John's is rubbish, owned and run by Supermac's, enough said.

Aw yeah, heard of this place but never tried it out. Must give it a go sometime! Same with papa johns

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Papa John's, Apache, Domino's; all the same IMO. Best pizza around is Bianconi's Bistro, I think they are also in Ranelagh if you want to check them out. Their online deal is great value, i..e Pizza, Chicken Goujons, Wedges & a 1.25 L drink for 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

I like PapaJohns, and therefore recommend you try it at least once. You can then form your own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I find it a lot nicer than Dominos and 4 star to be honest. It's less greasy and if you get extra cheese they usually put a layer of cheese then the toppings then another layer of cheese, rather than just plonking the toppings on top of the pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

^^ agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

I think it's way better than Domino's and 4 star. Always get loads of cheese and the tomato base is not scrapped onto it. The garlic pizza bread with cheese is savage too. They are faster than 4 star as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Their online deal is great value, i..e Pizza, Chicken Goujons, Wedges & a 1.25 L drink for 20 euro

Do you have a link for that? might get that meal on thursday

Mactard wrote: »
    Do you have a link for that? might get that meal on thursday

http://www.takeaway.ie/bistro-bianconi-galway-city/bistro-bianconi-menu/online-pizza-special

The Carne Amore is very spicy. I always go for the Michaelangelo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭narwog81

large pepperoni pizza for a tenner, cant beat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Papa John's, Apache, Domino's; all the same IMO. Best pizza around is Bianconi's Bistro, I think they are also in Ranelagh if you want to check them out. Their online deal is great value, i..e Pizza, Chicken Goujons, Wedges & a 1.25 L drink for 20 euro

Have heard this place is the best from loads of people. Any idea how far their delivery range is though?

It gives the areas here. I suppose they will charge an excess for each mile outside their range.

http://www.takeaway.ie/bistro-bianconi-galway-city

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Agreed. Best take away pizza in town IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭zero86r

Papa johns pizzas are dirt, get apache all the time instead

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway City->Pizza forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

http://www.takeaway.ie/bistro-bianconi-galway-city/bistro-bianconi-menu/online-pizza-special

Ahh it's not very spicy, im not a fan of spicy foods and I get this all the time....actually might get it tonight :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sir, that's what I ordered and it was delicious! probably is the best pizza in town, would like to give an honourable mention to Ed's New York Pizza though, love their pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 quagmire78

I think its quality!!!

Advertisement