Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Electricity Coverage In Kerry?

Options
  • 02-02-2010 3:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

A friend of mine disagreed that Kerry has yet to offer full coverage of electricty supply to its citizens; can anyone confirm that Kerry is not 100% connected to the national grid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I would say it is,if you want power,the ESB have to give it to you,at a cost obviously,but as far as im aware its possible to service every house in the county,and that the connection fee is the same.Im an Electrician myself.
    If anyone knows any different though,id like to hear!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Yeah I'd doubt that now to be honest, surely everywhere in Ireland is 100%?
    - however the black valley in Kerry was the last place in Ireland to be hooked to the ESB grid, although that was in 1977.

Amazingly enough they didn't phone lines there till around 1990.:eek:

11811 wrote: »
    Amazingly enough they didn't phone lines there till around 1990.:eek:
    There was still an issue with a phone line recently iirc,something like 30K Eircom wanted to put one in!!Though i think it was made cheaper after alot of bad publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

I would say it is,if you want power,the ESB have to give it to you,at a cost obviously,but as far as im aware its possible to service every house in the county,and that the connection fee is the same.Im an Electrician myself.
    If anyone knows any different though,id like to hear!:)

I've got a neighbour up in the forestry in the Inny Valley she has no electricity, and 4 years ago the ESB wanted €16,000 to connect her and she is a pensioner and hasn't got that kind of money.

If anyone knows how she can get it done cheaper I'm sure she would be extremley grateful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

colrow wrote: »
    I've got a neighbour up in the forestry in the Inny Valley she has no electricity, and 4 years ago the ESB wanted €16,000 to connect her and she is a pensioner and hasn't got that kind of money.

If anyone knows how she can get it done cheaper I'm sure she would be extremley grateful

I knew it!

Right again!!!!:pac::pac::pac::o:o:o

Kerry still remains very much is the Dark Ages.

• Advertisement

That sounds excessive,i must ask a few of the lads about that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Kerry still remains very much is the Dark Ages.

Ah now, we're on the verge of almost perfecting the wheel now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

That sounds excessive,i must ask a few of the lads about that one.

Apparently, much of that charge is for the forestry wanting money for a "corridor" for the electricity, its bloody unfair tho, seeing their work cut off her water supply as well.

Apparently, much of that charge is for the forestry wanting money for a "corridor" for the electricity, its bloody unfair tho, seeing their work cut off her water supply as well.
    Ah,that makes more sense,as i think the ESB charge the same for all connections no matter wher they are.The lads agreed with that today too.
    Kerry is just as connected as anywhere in the country.

Advertisement