Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 months since i handed in my renewal forms..

Options
  • 02-02-2010 4:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

(edit.. actually 4 months now)..should i start to panic? i had an extension till oct 31st and i handed them in all fully filled out, photos etc... at the beginning of october... i rang the local FO a couple of weeks ago and he just claimed that it will take ages.. sure theres one lad doing a job now that 3 people used to do....!

is there a new number to ring instead of the old system of ringing mary in phoenix park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I applied for 3 firearms in August, got the last one in December.

I was pretty anxious too, but they do seem to come in the end. (unrestricted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

contact your FO first

the FPU is 016661911

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Irish Springer

If your extension was up at the end of October you should have has the renewals in 3 months before that date. That is why you have such a long delay.

My FO said that anyone that doesnt have it in 3 months before the extension is up that there form will go to the back of list. He said that was the stance most FO's were taken across the country.

Everything goes the superintendent so you have to contact him to see what the story is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

flanum wrote: »
    (edit.. actually 4 months now)..should i start to panic? i had an extension till oct 31st and i handed them in all fully filled out, photos etc... at the beginning of october.....

Under the new rules the Gardai have 3 months from submission of your applications to make a decision. If you have not received a reply within that time frame you are deemed to be refused. There has been much debate about this as i feel notification of refusal would be better than letting the applicant "guess" whether they are refused or not as there are cases were people have gotten their licenses after the 3 month period.

........ i rang the local FO a couple of weeks ago and he just claimed that it will take ages.. sure theres one lad doing a job now that 3 people used to do....!

Do as Darr said and contact your FO again. Convey your apprehension at having the firearms and no extension or grant letters or even refusals. You may want to consider (if you have not already done so) dropping your firearms into a dealers for storage. If you get the grants, take your firearms back, if you get refused at least they are stored. Just an option.

If you get no joy there then ring the FPU. They can check the staus of your applications. Try get your FO to do this for you. He may even know someone better to call to check for you.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

I ve been waiting 4 months now. Rang the park, as local station giving me the run around. My applications have lapsed, as there over the 3 months. The station will have to re enter all the data on the system to activate them again.

Typical.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Kryten wrote: »
    ........... My applications have lapsed, as there over the 3 months. The station will have to re enter all the data on the system to activate them again.

Sorry to hear that but its actually good to know for others. Those in the same boat as yourself can now go to their station and ask that the details of their applications (if over the 3 month period) have to be checked and possibly re-entered.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

Any luck with your FO flanum ?.
    Dar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Kryten wrote: »
    I ve been waiting 4 months now. Rang the park, as local station giving me the run around. My applications have lapsed, as there over the 3 months. The station will have to re enter all the data on the system to activate them again.

Typical.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry to hear that lad.

Sounds like your still getting the run around :eek:

Advertisement