Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will this meet my needs?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Apart from the motherboard everything looks fine (you selected a AMD AM3 socket motherboard, and a Intel CPU which wont work together)

Also, drop the Graphics card in favor of the 5850, which has support for direct x 11, and generally wipes the floor with the other card while only being slightly more expensive.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=579270

For the OS go for win7 pro. I have the same case myself, its awesome but remember to buy a few extra fans to replace the stock ones, and add in where there are no fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Hello,nice build but.....

Mobo is Amd, you need an intel x58 to go with the core i5 cpu.
    Graphics card is overpriced imo and Ati cards are much better value.

What monitor do you have and whats the native resolution as this will help with choice of Gfx card.
    The power supply is very good but unless you will be running loads of hard drive,fans and dual gfx cards you wont need 850watts.Again choice of the psu is tied in to what gfx you get.

Win7 is a very good Os imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Anti wrote: »
    Apart from the motherboard everything looks fine (you selected a AMD AM3 socket motherboard, and a Intel CPU which wont work together)

Also, drop the Graphics card in favor of the 5850, which has support for direct x 11, and generally wipes the floor with the other card while only being slightly more expensive.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=579270

For the OS go for win7 pro. I have the same case myself, its awesome but remember to buy a few extra fans to replace the stock ones, and add in where there are no fans.

Thanks for the advice......I will go for the gfx card you recommended..

cheers

Dwighet

game4it70 wrote: »
    Hello,nice build but.....

Mobo is Amd, you need an intel x58 to go with the core i5 cpu.
    Graphics card is overpriced imo and Ati cards are much better value.

What monitor do you have and whats the native resolution as this will help with choice of Gfx card.
    The power supply is very good but unless you will be running loads of hard drive,fans and dual gfx cards you wont need 850watts.Again choice of the psu is tied in to what gfx you get.

Win7 is a very good Os imo.
    Intell x58.....sounds the biz..Thanks for that..
    I will be adding a few exta fans to the case but only using one gfx card...do you think I should drop down to something like 600-650 watts..?
    As far as monitors go im not sure of the res on my current one...But the young lad needs a new monitor for his pc so he can have mine...hes not into gaming just youtube and music.....so im open for opinions on a decent monitor...I aslo use the 42inch lcd when the mrs isnt home.;)

Thanks again
    Dwighet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sorry, but a X58 wont with a 1156 socket cpu, your going to need a P55/P55A motherboard. The PSU is over powered, but if your willing to blow 240e on a case, the 30 euro saving by going to a lower psu just isn't worth it. The PSU has a 10 year warranty, so you can keep it for quite a while, and will be great if you fill that case up with more hdd's or add in another graphics card down the line.

• Advertisement

Sorry, but a X58 wont with a 1156 socket cpu, your going to need a P55/P55A motherboard. The PSU is over powered, but if your willing to blow 240e on a case, the 30 euro saving by going to a lower psu just isn't worth it. The PSU has a 10 year warranty, so you can keep it for quite a while, and will be great if you fill that case up with more hdd's or add in another graphics card down the line.

This is great.....I appreciate your help...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Sorry, but a X58 wont with a 1156 socket cpu, your going to need a P55/P55A motherboard.

:o:o:o
    Sorry OP i was only outta my pit and had not finished my first coffee hence the stupid mistake on my part.

Cheer Anti for pointing him in the right direction.

*crawls back his rock now

Advertisement