Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs/clubs in Wexford town for hen

Options
  • 02-02-2010 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there
    I am having my hen night in Wexford town next month, and need some tips on where best to go at night. Have been to the Stores a few times before (good but very packed on a sat night) so would like to try somewhere else.
    There will be approx 20 of us, late 20's-early 30's.

I have heard of Sinatras, The Music Factory and Chocolate. Does anyone have any feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

AFAIK, music factory is closed for a few months for renovations

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fitness fan

Get in touch with South 51 they organise hen party nights inc. strippers if required, loads of coctails and party music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Blondie10 wrote: »
    I have heard of Sinatras, The Music Factory and Chocolate. Does anyone have any feedback?

All of the above are kips - Avoid. Add to the fact that the Music Factory is closed (liquidation) and Sinatra's no longer exists. It would be The Lava Lounge, but they're gone bust too. Chocolate isnt bad for food during the day, but its a no-go at night time.

South 51 wouldnt be bad, or you could try the usual - The Stores. This would be the most popular place in Wexford IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

Stores is the place to go!!

If you contact them and ask for Andy Doyle you might be able to presuade him to reserve an area for you and if your looking for Accom I know they do deals that include B&B and entry into the night club!!

Every where else is closed down!

Anu bar beside the Lava Lounge gone also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Anu bar beside the Lava Lounge gone also.

Same owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

just goes to show that when it comes to going out in wexford town, the choices are rather pathetic. i mean theres great places to go for that casual pint and a chat, but if your looking for entertainment, if you dont like chart music your f***ed for choices. and any time someone does try something different the just book hard house dj`s from the 90`s and nothing but scum show up. oh well.

just wanted to mention South 51 would be your best choice for hen nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

No mention of Metro 17?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

No mention of Metro 17?

Metro 17 is a good shout.

Best idea for the hen party I reckon is just to head down to that general area (north end of Wexford town) and try a few bars in and around Monck Street, and then (inevitably) end up in the Stores - not necessarily a bad thing.

South 51 does cater for hen nights, but I would think they'd have better craic down the other end of town, far busier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 coolrock

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68712416&postcount=13

Some ideas there,plus there's a couple of threads about pubs in Wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Stores is the place to go!

If you contact them and ask for Andy Doyle you might be able to presuade him to reserve an area for you and if your looking for Accom I know they do deals that include B&B and entry into the night club!!

I know this thread is old but I would definitely second this! I organised a hen last year and Andy was really helpful and got us a brilliant weekend deal including accom in the Riverbank, we got free entry into the stores and our own area on the second floor once in there. Upstairs is quiet enough but brilliant craic!

Advertisement