Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scared Sh1tless

Options
  • 02-02-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a new tattoo soon.
    Have a few already. 1st one was a torch/flame and was drawn by the tatooist from a small pendant.
    Was my first so wasnt worried so much

Last 2 have been pretty simple, Stars and then some script

The one i want now is a little difficult and detailed
    genuinely worried it wont turn out and i'll be left with a horrible thing covering half my arm.

i have seen a drawing look good and then a stencil look good and a tattoo still look terrible.

Cant get over this for some reason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Best advice anyone can give you is to do your research before booking anything!
    Make sure that you like the look of the work that the tattoo artist does in the style of the tattoo that you want and if you don't, look elsewhere. Don't forget, you don't have to go with a studio/artist simply because they are the ones you went to before, or because you went in and talked to them. You can and should look around, and this is easier than ever with more and more artists having online portfolios too. Pick the right artist and you'll not look back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Best advice anyone can give you is to do your research before booking anything!
    Make sure that you like the look of the work that the tattoo artist does in the style of the tattoo that you want and if you don't, look elsewhere. Don't forget, you don't have to go with a studio/artist simply because they are the ones you went to before, or because you went in and talked to them. You can and should look around, and this is easier than ever with more and more artists having online portfolios too. Pick the right artist and you'll not look back :)

Can you just go into a tattoo parlour and get them to do a drawing and still walk away. Would feel like a bad bastard having wasted their time

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

pajodublin wrote: »
    Can you just go into a tattoo parlour and get them to do a drawing and still walk away. Would feel like a bad bastard having wasted their time

Some shops will take a deposit for drawing up a one off for you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

pajodublin wrote: »
    then say this to the artist and if you have a fear that you wont do it, maybe offer to pay the artist for their time. Be generous to them and they will help you :) they are human after all

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

thanks lads
    good ideas

• Advertisement
Advertisement