Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slam Sessions @ Set Theatre

Options
  • 02-02-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

The Slam Sessions is a new night to hit the fantastic new Kilkenny venue that is set theatre.

Following on from the great successes that are the Gold Soundz and Soul Kitchen nights on Saturdays, the Slam Sessions is a night that materialises periodically to provide a more edgy, electronic driven sound, before slinking back into the night.

Every occasion features different DJ's, but the brains behind the operation is the affable and charismatic, one and only, Mr. Cleveland Mike. You might know him from The Grapevine on Thursdays or upstairs in Morrison’s on the weekend.

On the 16th of March, Cleveland Mike hits Set Theatre again for another night of tunage, and once again, he's brought some backup! Expect 80's / 90's dance, some old skool rap and hip hop, house, breaks and stuff like that. Just something a bit different s'all :)

The idea is to get this night happening more frequently, perhaps on Fridays, but we can't do it without your support.

Admission is FREE so hope to see yiz there!

Poster:

slamsesh.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Just a reminder that this is happening tomorrow night and it's free in, so please if you are round the town and fancy something different on a night before your Paddy's day off, do come on in.

We have loads of mix CD's to give away as well.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=10150133561535227&index=1

This was a fantastic night, place was packed, loads of T-Shirts and CD's were handed out and lots of snaps were taken, which I will duly post here. :)

There'll be three more Slam Sessions events for the last few Fridays in April featuring Top Notch, Neilers and Mac and Sen C (and I think someone else whose name escapes me!) and of course your host for the night is always Mr Cleveland Mike.

Thanks to everyone who came down and all involved and we'll see ye again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

This was a fantastic night, place was packed, loads of T-Shirts and CD's were handed out and lots of snaps were taken, which I will duly post here. :)

There'll be three more Slam Sessions events for the last few Fridays in April featuring Top Notch, Neilers and Mac and Sen C (and I think someone else whose name escapes me!) and of course your host for the night is always Mr Cleveland Mike.

Thanks to everyone who came down and all involved and we'll see ye again soon.

It was a good night, a good crowd and good music I don't know would you get the crowds on a friday night for every friday in april?

Perhaps, perhaps not. All we can do is promote it well, let people know that it's on, it's free and a good time is to be had there. If people warm to the idea, well and good! It might take a bit of time to build up a rep. and a solid few regulars.

It's not like we're playing weird or off-the-wall stuff anyway... I played a couple of hits from the 80's and 90's! It's just a bit different than what you might expect from a run-of-the-mill club, and anything goes music wise....

Surely to God there's a hundred or so people in Kilkenny who want to head out to a decent venue on a Friday night without hearing JLS?

Hmmm. Maybe not though. Glad you had a good night anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Perhaps, perhaps not. All we can do is promote it well, let people know that it's on, it's free and a good time is to be had there. If people warm to the idea, well and good! It might take a bit of time to build up a rep. and a solid few regulars.

It's not like we're playing weird or off-the-wall stuff anyway... I played a couple of hits from the 80's and 90's! It's just a bit different than what you might expect from a run-of-the-mill club, and anything goes music wise....

Surely to God there's a hundred or so people in Kilkenny who want to head out to a decent venue on a Friday night without hearing JLS?

Hmmm. Maybe not though. Glad you had a good night anyway. :)

I'm there and so is about 20 or so the mates...but you can't have a good night without JLS haa haa

• Advertisement
Advertisement