Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any drawbacks to using a mobile phone as a modem for prepay broadband

• 02-02-2010 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Is there any drawbacks to using a mobile phone as a modem for prepay broadband

i want to try and cut costs so would the ph as a modem have as good a signal as the usb modems.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

It would be more expensive I done it before and it dont pay i went back to seperate broadband again. Why not get a day pass with the operator they all do it round 3 euro per day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭estreetb

modems cost 49euro so i thougth using ph might be better price wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You would want a HSDPA phone, 3.6 or 7.2 Mbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

3 and vodafone offer them for free check their websitehttp://www.vodafone.ie/df/mobilebroadband/gallery_details.jsp?tab=prepay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭fuelinjection

Have a pre-pay mobile phone on Meteor and a broadband modem from "3" and I get screwed using the phone to download anything big. The 15Gigs limit I have with "3" would cost me an arm and a leg on the mobile phone.

Depends how much you use it I suppose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement