Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lag and Connection Problems with BT

• 02-02-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Hi for the past 3 weeks at peak times between 6pm and 11pm my Xbox Live as been pretty much unplayable. It is perfect before and after these times. I also get disconnected from both Xbox live and the internet on an increasingly large amount,

I live in Gorey, Co Wexford and am with BT. I have been onto their support team over 10 times during this period and have spoken to various people all with different levels it seems of technical knowledge (mine is very limited so I need all the help I can get).

As a result of the calls we have undertaken every troubleshooting measure they have even sent me a new router. Nothing has solved the problem.

They have managed to fix my Ping, which was as high as 100 (it always has been high but never really affected my online gaming) and now is down to 39. My download speed is over 6.0. But still the lagging at peak times remains.

Can anyone offer me advise on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

you sure you have not been ported on to vodafone's networkl? All BT residential customers were being transferred across - and having all the problems your experiencing..

Go to speedtest.net - what is your isp detected as? Run it a few times, some people have been getting switched back and forth beween VF and BT for weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

anoble66 wrote: »
    you sure you have not been ported on to vodafone's networkl? All BT residential customers were being transferred across - and having all the problems your experiencing..

Go to speedtest.net - what is your isp detected as? Run it a few times, some people have been getting switched back and forth beween VF and BT for weeks..

Hi thanks for the reply. I am in work so cannot check now but I am almost certain it has been Vodafone detected.

How come the tech support team have not said this may be a problem? Surely they would not waste time on sending out a free router etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Was it BT tech support or VF tech support you were talking too? If it was VF they seem partial to sending out new modems :rolleyes:

Anyway, do yourself a favour and go on to the Vodafone boards.ie forum below, send a PM to "Vodafone (Paul)" - one of the Vodafone moderators your home phone number - he will escalate your issue directly with the DSL team.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

Also, if your still using your old BT DSL login details on your modem you should also try changing them to:-

username: vodafone@vodafone.ie
    password: broadband

connection type should be set to PPPoE - with BT it might be set as PPPoA

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Cheers. There appears to be a 51 page thread relating to the issue. (probably should have checked there 1st!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

There are many threads about it and there is also one huge one.

Eircom have sent out engineers on Vodafones request to see what the problem is in my area. This took a month to organise. Before this VF were telling me to stop complaining because it's normal due to contention ratios. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement