Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV offering 24Mbps???

• 02-02-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when UTV will roll out a 24Mbps service similar to Eircom and Vodafone in Ireland? A UTV salesperson today said to me that there was some announcement yesterday but he nor I could find any details.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

only reference on their site seems to be the business broadband

http://www.utvinternet.com/Business/ADSL/options.asp?sShow=Page2

But I am sure since they are just reselling eircom's service then they probably will be following everyone else with a 24mb residential service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Update from UTV

"At this time, the fastest residential product we can offer is 8mb. However, we plan to upgrade all tariffs in line with the faster speeds that are becoming more widely available."

So I don't have to change back to Eircom.......supposedly!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭cauliflower69

As soon as this came available I got on to UTV ( I do have to say they have great customer sevice - especially the ppl I was dealing with)

My problem is that I would have no problems with an extra fee even if it was just for for the 12 mbps. No one in the country is gonna get a full whack 24 even if they live in the exchange.

My colleague ***** passed me your email and your interest in the new 24Mb speed.

We are currently assessing customer demand and your request is very helpful to us as we prioritise tariff changes in our product set.

I did a speed check on your telephone line and unfortunately the highest speed you could avail of, is up to 12Mb. 12Mb is on our business product set and not on our residential set.

Our Admin team could not physically order the 24Mb tariff on your line even if we had the option available to customers. 24Mb will only be available to a minority of the population with the current technology and network limitations.

Thank you for your interest in UTV Internet products and services.

Best regards

Advertisement