Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving To Carlow For A While

Options
  • 02-02-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi guys i'm going to be working in Carlow for 6 months or so and was wondering the best place to rent an apartment and if i was best off getting one from Daft or a local agent?

I'll be working at Merck so ideally something handy for getting to work, away from students (no offence), but handy for the odd pint in town or something.

I don't fancy sharing a house with anyone so prob a 1 bed apartment is what i'm after bout 500 a month seems the going rate i'm guessing?

Don't want to stay in anything bedsit like either somethin half decent needed.

I'm considering B&B as well as i'll only be staying there monday, tuesday and thursday most weeks, travelling back to cork the other days. so any good ones with decent rates near Merck?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Nearly all of the apartments in Carlow are in the centre of town, which would be 5 min drive or a 20/25 min walk. I think i remember seeing a one bedroom place on Daft a couple of weeks ago which was on Castle Hill(town centre) and it was €60 per week afaik.

Most of the apartment blocks will have a lot of students living there, but thats the way Carlow is.

Don't take anything along the river near the boat club as you run the risk of being flooded out of it if we get heavy rain.

A lot of the local letting agencies are using Daft to advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

thanks for the feedback much appreciated, prob do the B&B thing for a couple of weeks and see how its going. even if i'm gonna get an apartment best to have a look about first. cheers

Advertisement