Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you sell your thong?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Asmodean wrote: »
    Ah for Christ's sake she wasn't selling him a piece of real estate it was her used underwear! Just think logically for a second and put away the flaming bra.

It doesn't fall under the definition of prostitution, however.
    It's a once in a lifetime event, probably, (unless the young lady sees a niche market and decides to capitalise) and a respectable mark-up during a recession.
    You've no idea , from behind your keyboard, as to the ladys' sexual proclivities and personally I would reserve judgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Ladies. You'd better get your used thongs sold quickly before this gizmo hits our shores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

I look at it two ways.

1. She has lots of that type of thong so can afford to part with one or two here and there.
    2. She is clever and has made an investment - the thong cost her a fiver and she sold it for 50 so she can now buy another 10 of these, wear them and then sell them for 50 a piece.

Smart girl in my books :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Lucky her, I usually have to throw my tong at people :(

azezil wrote: »
    Lucky her, I usually have to throw my tong at people :(
    So that was YOU who sling-shotted their thong at me on the train last year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Bit skanky to be sure. Weird to even answer the question in the first place if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh the OP was just intrigued by the experience of his "friend" so decided to ask how others would feel... ;)

There are soiled knicker vending machines in Japan - Snopes confirmed this isn't a hoax. Interesting if this made its way to Ireland - e.g. a soiled knicker vending machine in, say, Busarus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

azezil wrote: »
    I usually have to throw my tong at people
    :eek:

A bit violent, no?

Sorry, couldn't resist - the carrot was dangling. Wasn't making fun of your spelling... :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh the OP was just intrigued by the experience of his "friend" so decided to ask how others would feel... ;)

There are soiled knicker vending machines in Japan - Snopes confirmed this isn't a hoax. Interesting if this made its way to Ireland - e.g. a soiled knicker vending machine in, say, Busarus.
    yea thats not cool... puts the mind frame of "person traveled from clonakilty on our bus, here, buy the underwear they wore!"... /shudder

as for the ops suggestion, fair play, 50quid, sorted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 pennylane22

Dudess wrote: »

Well there would be plenty of merchandise after a long trip without a bathroom break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 chrisj69

Back to the original question, girls would you or wouldn't you sell your thong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

chrisj69 wrote: »
    You lookin to start one of those vending machine businesses over here mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 pennylane22

I think the question is do you want to buy someone's thong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

If I was a girl, then yes. It's €50. Who cares why the guy wants them if he's giving you €50?

Dave! wrote: »
    You lookin to start one of those vending machine businesses over here mate?

Nah, I just want to know if my friend is a freak, I get the impression, she isn't and that quite a few people would do the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Asmodean wrote: »
    Ah I know that, fair enough, but in all reality if a young one has no qualms about ripping off her knickers and handing them to a complete stranger in public she's hardly the conservative type!

I don't have a problem with people not being conservative. I'm far from conservative and amn't usually shocked by anything, but I can't help feeling a bit shocked at the OP's story. I feel like a prude! Maybe I'm just getting old :o

Nah, I just want to know if my friend is a freak, I get the impression, she isn't and that quite a few people would do the same thing!

You're friend's not a freak, she just happened to find herself in a weird situation and took advantage financially.
    If I was a girl I'd probably do the same.
    Poll?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Would you sell your child's knickers to some random guy for €50?

What relevance has that to this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    What relevance has that to this thread?

About 84% relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If I had a kid, no, I would make it €100.

I am gonna mess up any kids I have psychologically anyway! Might as well make money from the little feckers.

You're friend's not a freak, she just happened to find herself in a weird situation and took advantage financially.
    If I was a girl I'd probably do the same.
    Poll?

Yeah I think a poll is in order,

One asking girls would they sell or not?

And one asking lads would they be happy if their sister was to do this?

Yeah I think a poll is in order,

One asking girls would they sell or not?

And one asking lads would they be happy if their sister was to do this?

I wouldn't go with the second one.
    Asking guys what they'd do in the same situation would result in less emotional turmoil, perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I have a particularly nice unusual hoody that I have been offered money for twice by strangers in clubs and that's fair enough, although I didn't sell it. The difference here is that the stranger is not just saying "I want to buy your clothes." He's also saying directly to her face "I want to masturbate over your dirty underwear." I'm sure 99% of women would have hurried away or slapped him the face.
    That said, these are challenging times economically so before I rush to judgement I'd like to see a pic of said friend and a description of the thong to include its colour and and how long she'd been wearing it.

About 84% relevant.

How?
    How does a legal, if morally dubious, transaction between two adults result in someone, in an amusing thread, trying to link the event with paedophilia?

latenia wrote: »
    I have a particularly nice unusual hoody that I have been offered money for twice by strangers in clubs and that's fair enough, although I didn't sell it. The difference here is that the stranger is not just saying "I want to buy your clothes." He's also saying directly to her face "I want to masturbate over your dirty underwear." I'm sure 99% of women would have hurried away or slapped him the face.
    That said, these are challenging times economically so before I rush to judgement I'd like to see a pic of said friend and a description of the thong to include its colour and and how long she'd been wearing it.
    Good luck tracking the buyer down to get a pic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I know the OPs story is kind of pervy but theres something really hot about it as well.

Would i sell my thong? I don't have any to sell but if i did i'd imagine that i'd probably have to pay them to take it.:D

If you quickly glance at the thread title it looks like "would you sell your dong" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

How?
    How does a legal, if morally dubious, transaction between two adults result in someone, in an amusing thread, trying to link the event with paedophilia?

Because we all know anyone with a slightly "weird" fetish by so called "normal" standards, are really all just paedophiles. It's so obvious like...:rolleyes:

pickarooney remember, YKINMK, BYKIOK. That applies to everyone I think, unless it's you know something that is morally unacceptable by my standards.

Advertisement