Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you sell your thong?

Options

Comments

latenia wrote: »
    description of the thong to include its colour and and how long she'd been wearing it.

If 'twas yellow to the front and brown to the back how long would you reckon she was wearing it :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    How?
    How does a legal, if morally dubious, transaction between two adults result in someone, in an amusing thread, trying to link the event with paedophilia?

Lots of people are saying that it's a harmless transaction with no sexual connotations and what the buyer does with the item has no imact on the seller. So it follows that the same would be true if the garment were a smaller size. Why bring the P word into it? There should be some corollary to Godwin's law for that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

Lots of people are saying that it's a harmless transaction with no sexual connotations and what the buyer does with the item has no imact on the seller. So it follows that the same would be true if the garment were a smaller size. Why bring the P word into it? There should be some corollary to Godwin's law for that kind of thing.

Whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

RoverJames wrote: »
    If 'twas yellow to the front and brown to the back how long would you reckon she was wearing it :rolleyes:

I dunno about her, but if it was me, about 10 minutes after I get dressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i wouldnt do it. not because of "morals" but because i would more than likely fall over while taking the thong off and it would be fanny for everyone.

• Advertisement

The thought of an attractive mini skirted lady slipping off her thong in public is quite horny really. Now if she is an awful looking thing its a disgrace :)

Dudess wrote: »
    There are soiled knicker vending machines in Japan - Snopes confirmed this isn't a hoax. Interesting if this made its way to Ireland - e.g. a soiled knicker vending machine in, say, Busarus.

Nah, trust me. I looked everywhere. ¬_¬ They do sell new ones alright, and i think thats where the confusion comes from.
    Whatever.

Good comeback. Why not address his point? If there's no sexual connotations involved when it involves an adult, then why are there when you bring kids into the equation?

Good comeback. Why not address his point? If there's no sexual connotations involved when it involves an adult, then why are there when you bring kids into the equation?

I never said there wasn't sexual connotations as regards the original transaction. I don't remember anyone else doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

i wouldnt do it. not because of "morals" but because i would more than likely fall over while taking the thong off and it would be fanny for everyone.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't read the way you intended it to :pac:

I never said there wasn't sexual connotations as regards the original transaction. I don't remember anyone else doing so.

I must have misread post #22, sorry about that.
    (and #33)
    (and #76)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Best €50 I have ever spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

tree fiddy or two for €5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Essien wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't read the way you intended it to :pac:

ha! well it would be funny and fanny for everyone! :D

I must have misread post #22, sorry about that.
    (and #33]

Post 22 is a light-hearted response in a light-hearted thread.
    You'll have to talk to Dudess about post 33 and Jay P about 76.
    As far as I'm concerned there is sexual connotations in a guy buying a girls used underwear.
    But I don't see any link between that and paedophilia. I presume that's what you were hinting at when you asked about selling childrens used underwear.
    I answered 'Whatever' because I didn't really want to get involved in what I perceived to be an attempt at trolling.

Post 22 is a light-hearted response in a light-hearted thread.

It's not that easy to tell, to be fair.
    As far as I'm concerned there is sexual connotations in a guy buying a girls used underwear.

Then the question is not directed at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've seen women on tv who have a sort of home business selling thongs or panties they have worn over the internet. There are vending machines for them in Japan.

I've seen women who have a sort of home business selling thongs or panties they have worn over the internet. There are vending machines for them in Japan.

I wonder what they'd pay for thongs worn by pasty ginger girls with freckles. Anyone want to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I have just looked through these posts and i think i might be buying some thongs....

I wonder what they'd pay for thongs worn by pasty ginger girls with freckles. Anyone want to find out?

You can guarentee there would be some sort of a market for that given the strange ol world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Caveat wrote: »
    People pay for all sorts of stuff from prostitutes. Doesn't have to be conventionally sexual or involving obvious intimacy or whatever.

"I want oral sex because it would give me a sexual thrill" "€100 please"

"I want to throw fluffy dice at you whilst you stand fully clothed singing because it would give me a sexual thrill"
    "€100 please"

Wow you had an expensive weekend then :D

On topic-i dunno if i'd whip my thong off in the street if someone asked but it'd be probably be due to the fact that i would be afraid i'd agree and someone would run off with the money and my thong :)

• Advertisement

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Wow you had an expensive weekend then :D

On topic-i dunno if i'd whip my thong off in the street if someone asked but it'd be probably be due to the fact that i would be afraid i'd agree and someone would run off with the money and my thong :)

You could just ask them to give you the money first.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Durrrrt Burdddd imo...Whats her number :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Caveat

Waitaminnit...

There appears to be if not a grey area, a distinctly off-white or off-black faint buzz about this thread:

Does anyone seriously suggest that this transaction was not for sexual gratification?

Obviously I don't "know" but I'll eat a kilo of barbed wire if it wasn't.

(And for €50 anyone can watch me - if that's your thing, ya never know)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

??? the qustion is,.... who would spend €50 on a thong worn by a random girl???

hope the guy gets herpes from licking them or what ever the **** hes going to do with them.

Caveat wrote: »
    Waitaminnit...

There appears to be if not a grey area, a distinctly off-white or off-black faint buzz about this thread:

Does anyone seriously suggest that this transaction was not for sexual gratification?

Obviously I don't "know" but I'll eat a kilo of barbed wire if it wasn't.

(And for €50 anyone can watch me - if that's your thing, ya never know)

There was one quite plausible suggestion that it was for a college treasure hunt so you may want to get the wire on the spit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

You could just ask them to give you the money first.;)

Good point :). But knowing me i'd be either so flattered/shocked i wouldn't be thinking straight.
    Actually thats another thing-if it was a big leery ould fella in a over coat asking me i'd be running in the opposite direction. But if it was a decent looking fella i'd be thinking different! Wonder what the op's friend would've done if it had been a pervy looking man in a mac asking her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Vadge juice is vadge juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

There was one quite plausible suggestion that it was for a college treasure hunt so you may want to get the wire on the spit.

That was me,
    But Waaaay back on the first page.

The third page of an AH thread is no place for sensible reasoning or rational.
    It's a place for wild accusations, lost points, questioning of others sexual preference and the inevitable ban that somebody gets from taking a debate too seriously..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Would you sell your child's knickers to some random guy for €50?
    While it would not harm the child (once the purchaser does not meet/see the child and the child is never made aware of the transaction) that is inappropriate and creepy... I don't think you're comparing like with like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Why would a college guy offer 50 euro for a crummy old thong in a scavenger hunt?

Advertisement