Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprising Results at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards

• 02-02-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Ok, so January 31st was the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards

Hard Rock went to
    AC/DC for Black Ice
    and Best Metal performance went to
    Judas Priest

So, I got to ask, this can only be a good thing for Metal in general right? Its also a bit of a shock
    because of the age of these bands
    compared to previous winners and also because
    neither are American
    and virtually all previous winners were

Btw, if people want to use spoilers, just in case there's some people on here who would rather be surprised.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Ok, so January 31st was the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards

I see the same thing on this forum though. Everyone is obsessed with Metallica , Megadeth, AC/DC etc. New acts don't even get a look in with all the Metallica threads that are started.

Give me ISIS , Gojira, Pelican any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

looking a at the awards, what is the difference between "single of the year" and "record of the year"?

Fcuking hell, kings of leon's use somebody won 4 awards. its their worst song imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

no jethro tull album this year? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

looking a at the awards, what is the difference between "single of the year" and "record of the year"?

Fcuking hell, kings of leon's use somebody won 4 awards. its their worst song imo
    It's stuff like this that would make me dislike awards shows like this. I hate bands like KoL, so most of the bands would just be of no real interest to me. Just a personal opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The grammy's are bollox, never bothered wit them since the Jethro Tull fiasco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

buck65 wrote: »
    I see the same thing on this forum though. Everyone is obsessed with Metallica , Megadeth, AC/DC etc. New acts don't even get a look in with all the Metallica threads that are started.

Give me ISIS , Gojira, Pelican any day.
    So why not start some discussions on Isis, Gojira or Pelican then?

Advertisement