Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internal phones

Options
  • 02-02-2010 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi

Was talking to a mate of mine who works in the public service, he mentioned he got given out for ringing (internaly) his colleagues a few times,

now correct me if I'm wrong are boses allowed to check the amount of times you ring someone internally? further more since this company has a ringmaster are they allowed to used it against you? if it's not costing you anything.

what is the legal issue over using such information?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Company equipment used during company time; yes they can check it.

As for costing nothing; the time he's there "working" is paid by the company; if he's spending X amount of hours taking the piss on the phone (blocking up phone lines for incoming calls to him and the other person) he may very well be a cause for complaints.

Advertisement