Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music on Radio - Irish Singer /Songwriters

• 02-02-2010 12:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭

Whats with these Gimps ? Huh ??

Heard some guy on Ronan Bland yesterday ..Fionn something I think....Collins played some of the most excrutiating crap I have ever heard from this guy ..such sh1te - how do these people get on national radio.?

Then on The Planks show this morn some bint called Valery Francis surpassed it with two caterwauling dirges and puffed her show Slow Dynamo somewhere to-morrow night.

Christ..these people should not be encouraged...not even in the slightest...somebody should tell them......

Who do they know in Montrose ? Hmmmm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Bitter much? :pac:

I heard Valerie Francis for the first time this morning and I thought she was fantastic. Will definitely be checking out the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Whats with these Gimps ? Huh ??

Heard some guy on Ronan Bland yesterday ..Fionn something I think....Collins played some of the most excrutiating crap I have ever heard from this guy ..such sh1te - how do these people get on national radio.?

Then on The Planks show this morn some bint called Valery Francis surpassed it with two caterwauling dirges and puffed her show Slow Dynamo somewhere to-morrow night.

Christ..these people should not be encouraged...not even in the slightest...somebody should tell them......

Who do they know in Montrose ? Hmmmm?

As soon as I saw this thread, I knew it'd reference Kenny this morning. All respect to your woman, but it sounded like someone was torturing an accordian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

hehe,you could tell how underwhelmed Pat was. She was pretty terrible alright, her wailing was searching around for the harmonium to show her the right note and the songs were pretty bland & tuneless too, bedsit fare ...
    and i'm normally appreciative of this kind of music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

tbh wrote: »
    As soon as I saw this thread, I knew it'd reference Kenny this morning. All respect to your woman, but it sounded like someone was torturing an accordian.

I heard it too,just before I left for a consultancy in Limerick, I had to check if the cat wasn't caught under the door or something.

As a matter of interest, there seems to be some kind of policy out there in the Cattery of putting on live unplugged acts on these current affairs shows?.

Most of them are fcuking dire to be honest.

Kenny was definitely unimpressed, very lukewarm response.

That Crown fellow is right.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

dib wrote: »
    Bitter much? :pac:

I heard Valerie Francis for the first time this morning and I thought she was fantastic. Will definitely be checking out the album.

No pal - check out "Hidden Hearing" or else clear the duff out of your ear trumpet.

You her brother ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I heard yer wan on Kenny.

That was dire.

Didn't hear that Fionn lad but I think he featured on the Liam Clancy DVD. He seemed passable then.

Hold on actually, I don't think I slatted yer wan enough. It was one of the worst bits of wailing I ever heard accompanied by what sounded like a 6 yr old on an accordian. Kuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Yis are right boys.
    More half arsed, lazy arsed production by those in reciept of the licence fee. A quick look at what's on in Whelans seems to be item 2 on the Production Meeting agenda for the Kenny Show. Item 1 being what'll that South African wan bring in on Friday and will there be enough for everyone in the office.
    It also keeps alive Kennys street cred as a serious muso -second only to BP Fallon.
    Either do a wider variety of music on these spots or just do what the lad Kenny is good at - current affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

No pal - check out "Hidden Hearing" or else clear the duff out of your ear trumpet.

You her brother ?

I'm not your pal.

I'm not her brother, nor, as I stated in my previous post, had I heard of her before that PK show.

Hidden Hearing? I'm a sound engineer horse, and a pretty good one so I'd wager my hearing is top notch. Music appreciation has nothing to do with your hearing.

Congrats on a quality thread by the way. Solid gold stuff there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

To be fair to rte, both ronan collins and pat kennys shows regularly feature music of a non-commercial nature, and while it might not be everyone's cup of tea it does make a refreshing change to the overproduced manufactured 'music' you generally hear on commercial radio. My guess is that from listening to both programmes they are pitched at a more mature audience with rather different musical tastes to those individuals who find it offensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I have to agree, while I didn't like this particular performance, I'd still rather they played new Irish music that I didn't always like than stuff from the charts.

Advertisement