Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth-Marquee Cork 14 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

AWESOME. Hopefully theyl play rust in peace through!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

they'll hardly have testament with them??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Unreal. Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

nice this is gonna be a chug-fest!!!

michelangelo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Patricide wrote: »
    AWESOME. Hopefully theyl play rust in peace through!

That's the plan apparently Pat....
    apparently there's a number of dates and RIP will be played in full on them all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/512/105/
    The bright sparks at Aiken decided to schedule this during the L.C :mad::mad::mad:
    Cork? Too far away fromm Dublin, and too close to Hellfest... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

think ill have to make the trip to cork for this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

OH **** YEAH!

Thank god for Dave Mustaine being so reliable and touring so consistently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mandalore87

This has put me in an extremely euphoric mood!

Thank you Mustaine! Rust In Peace for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Might check this out alright. Never really listened to them that much, but when the hell is there going to be another half decent metal gig of this size gonna be going on down here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Might check this out alright. Never really listened to them that much, but when the hell is there going to be another half decent metal gig of this size gonna be going on down here.
    That's my thinking on it as well. I'm always delighted when promoters make the effort to put on shows outside of Dublin.

I will definitely be doing my best to attend this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I'm there! Couldn't get time off work last time they were in Ireland.

I even told my boss it was Megadeth AND Judas priest but he was having none of it...FFS like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

I have to say, im delighted that this gig is in Cork rather than Dublin. Dublin gets everything this country has to offer. Cork is an extra 70 miles onto my journey, but id gladly drive the extra mileage than go to "the dublin". Roll on MEGADETH

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

And the Marquee is only about 500 metres from my house. This is going to rock. First Chickenfoot/Satriani, now this.

J.S. Pill wrote: »
    I'm there! Couldn't get time off work last time they were in Ireland.

I even told my boss it was Megadeth AND Judas priest but he was having none of it...FFS like

I had tickets for that show and couldn't go because I had the flu!!!

Don't forget it was Testament were there aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

It's on the day I am flying back from Download but **** it,told my friend about it and the two of us are heading down to it the minute we get back!!
    They be at Download also but **** that ****!!MEGADETH!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mandalore87

I wonder would they bring along Testament or Exodus for the laugh?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'd much rather Metallica tbh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

I'll be goin'! Would be great if they played RIP, although that's only being advertised as part of their upcoming spring tour in the US w/ Exodus n' Testament!
    Could anyone tell me what the Marquee is like for a metal gig?? I've not been there before.
    Will also be goin to the American Carnage tour date in Boston in August to see Slayer/Megadeth/Testament. Wahey! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bazmaiden wrote: »
    I had tickets for that show and couldn't go because I had the flu!!!
    The sound was terrible, as sound man was hospitalized an hour before the gig, and the replacement didn't seem to know wtf he was doing...
    Lucifer31 wrote: »
    Will also be goin to the American Carnage tour date in Boston in August to see Slayer/Megadeth/Testament. Wahey! :D
    Bastard :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

How fast is this likely to sell out?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    How fast is this likely to sell out?

Hard to say, but i have definatly seen an increase in popularity for Megadeth in the past few years. I suppose it will sell out over time but I don't think it will be a five minute sell out!!

Also it probably won't be advertised too well, Its not Jedward!!! (the little w*nkers)

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Hard to say, but i have definatly seen an increase in popularity for Megadeth in the past few years. I suppose it will sell out over time but I don't think it will be a five minute sell out!!

Also it probably won't be advertised too well, Its not Jedward!!! (the little w*nkers)

Hopefully as it is a Monday that might slow down sales till at least Monday. Damn pay day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I joined the fan club, I figured I'd like some cool SWAG, and get the low down on what was happening. It's not too bad - and dare I say it - it's cheaper then Metallica's fanclub (which gives International members **** all)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Its listed on the Megadeth site as being part of the Endgame world tour, but hopefully they decide to play Rust in Peace. Either way should be a great show, Megadeth havent disappointed me live yet!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Hopefully as it is a Monday that might slow down sales till at least Monday. Damn pay day

Really can't see this selling out fast....if at all, unless they have really good support.....Monday after Download, middle of festival season....but as baz said they seem to have picked up again in popularity here of late......

would love to get to this, but unlikely at this stage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

The bright sparks at Aiken decided to schedule this during the L.C :mad::mad::mad:
    the_syco wrote: »
    Cork? Too far away fromm Dublin, and too close to Hellfest... :(

Aaaah haha ah haha....

If you wanna go, you go. Will be picking up my ticket tomorrow.

Will figure out getting there/getting home when I have to.

WILL have a killer time watching Megadeth in the Marquee in Cork....boy.

Would you rather they say "This show cannot go ahead because a few people are doing their Leaving Cert"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Sorted. Got my tickets. Once again, ive gotta say im delighted in not in "the dublin"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Cant afford my tickets untill the next day :(. Argh, i hope they dont sell out!

Advertisement